• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

lovers of small cars

twinkle

Freshman Member
Hi there lovers of cars,
We wondered whether you can help us....
You may have heard about our appeal already... we are based in London, England, and are asking for submissions of photos for a book we are compiling called "Very Small Cars". We are of course Isetta owners ourselves - you can see our FiFi at www.Monkeychops,com/fifi

All pictures must be cleared for copyright so please only send us YOUR pictures, but we are looking for photo's of all microcars in various states - from wrecks to A1, with people in, in ditches, on picnics, on fire, old pictures and new - you name it, we want it! The book will consist solely of pictures, with maybe a few funny stories about owners and their beloved bubbles. It will only be very small in page size, but email submissions should be at least fairy good quality - bubble@monkeychops.com

We have launched appeals globally, so the book should appeal to everyone. It should be amazing! And please, spread the word - we would ideally like this to snowball... the more pictures we get, the better the book will be!

Many thanks for reading

best wishes

Twinkle&Jones:smile:

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Is a Mini a small car?

Bruce

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
[Oops /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif]

Twinkle, private message for you

While I have you online Bruce... A Mini isn't usually classified as a micro car. While it may be quite small it's not quite small enough. The classification of micro is generally done by a combination of engine size and chassis length, and if I'm not mistaken the engine size needs to be lower than 750cc and the chassis length shorter than a Mini. Having said that, don't quote me either...

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
They were asking for "very small" cars though. Not specific other than that. Just wondered if they wanted any small cars. But no reply from them so....

Bruce

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
Not that this isn't an international site, but asking Americans for very small car photos is a hoot! We'll be sending pictures of the Rambler American, Ford Falcon, and Dodge Dart. Put those next to a Mini and you'll be calling it a Microcar.

I guess someone could dig up a picture of a Crosley. Other than that, I can't think of any "very small" US made cars.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
But micro cars are getting to be quite collectable over here in North America (the true micro cars), in Georgia a guy has quite possibly the biggest collection of micro cars in the world, and interest in micro cars seems to be experiencing growth...

MattP

Jedi Knight
Though technically classified as a motorcycle for having 3 wheels, there was the Corbin Sparrow in recent memory. They also came out with the Merlin, I think it was called.

I had thought they were out of business, but a quick google revealed this:
https://www.sparrowelectriccars.com/

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Though technically classified as a motorcycle for having 3 wheels, there was the Corbin Sparrow in recent memory. They also came out with the Merlin, I think it was called.

I had thought they were out of business, but a quick google revealed this:
https://www.sparrowelectriccars.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

they did go out of business but another investor brought them back to life.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
But micro cars are getting to be quite collectable over here in North America ...

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a pretty big following. Micros have their advantages - you can fit two in the space of one normal car. Also, values are low, probably because they're so impractical. There are exceptions (Messerschmitt Tigers, for example).

I think another reason is that the owners are so friendly and enthusiastic that they easily attract others to the fold. There's very little pretense in this crowd - note the picture below. Have those little stickers ever been used more effectively?

messerschmidt.jpg

Bugeye58

Yoda
John, I was flying the Spitfire that put those holes in the Messerschmidt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Jeff

UltimateQuestion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Have those little stickers ever been used more effectively?

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Hopefully those were from the .303 machine guns on a Spitfire!

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...Hopefully those were from the .303 machine guns on a Spitfire!

[/ QUOTE ]Well if they were from the 50s on a mustang there wouldn't be anything left! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

PC.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
John, I was flying the Spitfire that put those holes in the Messerschmidt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

You were supposed to shoot at the ones with the wings! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif