• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My Dads Cars

patrick

Freshman Member
I am posting this for my dad as he hasnt quite figured out the computer thing.He is looking for info on his 1938/39 Austin 10 4 Cambridge.He really would like to see colour schemes and any other info anyone could add.He is also looking for information on his Austin A140 Somerset.He apprenticed as a mechanic in bradford england before moving to Canada and has a wealth of info on british cars including an extensive collection of cars including the above and mini's,mga's,triumphs,jags and many others I cant even name.Any help would be greatly apprieciated and I would love to show him until he figures out this whole internet thing.Thanks...Rick...

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I'll assume that you actually mean the Austin "A40" and not "A140" (no such thing as far as I can tell).
Anyway:

According to a quick Google search, here's some color info on the A40 (probably similar info on the other car via Google):

Colour schemes on A40 are:
Chelsea grey with blue, red, chestnut or green upholstery.
Streamline blue with beige or blue upholstery.
Turquoise with beige upholstery
Tweed grey with grey upholstery
Black with beige, red, or green upholstery.

Probably more here, if you sort though it:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=austin+a40+colour+scheme&btnG=Google+Search

piman

Darth Vader
Hello Aeronca,
I do believe there was an Austin A140, but that is not the Somerset, I think that A40 is correct there. My (rather weak) memory seems to recall that a large Austin limousine of the 50\60's was A140, but rarely referred to as that, Sheerline seem to come to mind as the model name.

Alec

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
I know there was a A135 limo/hearse with the Sheerline name

b0_1_b.JPG

Haven't heard of a A140 though.

OP
P

patrick

Freshman Member
Thanks everyone for the reply.I will pass it on and check out the google search right after I post this.I may be incorrect in the cars name or class as I am trying to remember what he has told me till I get home and put it on here.Next time I will write it all down.Thanks again for the help...S.R...

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Hi Rick,

Sounds like your dad has a neat collection of cars...

private message for you...

OP
P

patrick

Freshman Member
Well being born here my collection is/was american muscle cars and harleys.After a recent theft I am down to a 1953 pan head harley and my 2001 bullitt reproduction mustang but my brother was the recent lucky person to get my dads gt6+.Very nice car,and he is just having a mint version of it sent by truck here to Canada from sandiego californa USA.Once I figure out my girlfriends digital camera I can post some pictures..including the cars my dad is working on and his mga which is all painted and once he gets back from sunny florida will be put back together in showroom condition.I will pass on the information as it comes.Thanks again...Rick