• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

DB6 Up-date

DB6

Jedi Hopeful
DB6 Update

Here are a couple of pictures. Its finally starting to look like a car!! Only minor bits missing now like the front badge, ...front seats, dashboard, engine...but everything is ready, just needs to go in the right places!

pics

Danny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

racing girl

Jedi Knight
Re: DB6 Update

Danny those photos are fantastic, I'm glad to see you spent your time away from the forum profitably!! Is that Gunmetal paint? As an ex Aston Martin employee (1985 - 1994) I'm very happy to see another one back on the road. Well done!

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag

Wow! You've made a lot of progress! Looks great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

piman

Darth Vader

Hello Danny,
a lot done so far, what's the state of the engine? That's the heart of it.

RG, what did you do at Aston's?, I have enjoyed a couple of trips round Newport Pagnell when I was a member of the AMOC.
I'm glad the name lives on but I feel that it is not the same company any longer.

Alec

OP
D

DB6

Jedi Hopeful

RG, I wanted a gunmetal paint, but the only Aston colour which was similar was Cumberland Grey, so I went for that one.
Engine had a lot of work done, the block could be saved even though the corrosion on the aluminium was substantial. New pistons fitted, valves, etc. Converted it for unleaded. Carbs are also new, only one of the 3 webbers was correct, and even then, it had the wrong bits inside.

As for aston not beeing the same as it was, I agree. But I think they are doing a good job in keeping the marque alive. I'd rather have them producing a lot of cars like Ferrari, making a racing team, beeing on the cover of car magazines and not become like Bristol, which IMHO will not survive many years...

Danny

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag

Looks awesome Danny! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

When do I get a ride? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PC.

racing girl

Jedi Knight

[ QUOTE ]
RG, what did you do at Aston's?, I have enjoyed a couple of trips round Newport Pagnell when I was a member of the AMOC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alec - Whatever they would let me! I spent my whole time in R & D Dept but I started off doing Engineering Administration... drawings, change control etc, not as boring as it sounds as special projects would come my way. Like the day we found hundreds of old drawings in boxes in a shed - they turned out to be from the DB3 and I spent many weeks classifying what we had and literally rebuilding the car on paper.

Then there were the times when we would take the cars to the test tracks, Bruntingthorpe, MIRA and Millbrook. I would usually be taken along to record all the test results, ever tried to write down test data on a banked bowl at 150mph? It's not easy! We would often take the cars for the weekend for "durability" mileage too!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif I won't ever forget the time we were doing brake testing at Bruntingthorpe (an old RAF airfield) and at the end of the straight at about 130mph with the brakes on full and loads of tire smoke, something failed! We heard the bang and suddenly we had no brakes. We shot over the grass, straight through a hedge and tore up about 100 yds of a farmers ploughed field before we came to a halt!

From EA I moved over to help support their new CAD system in 1989... still lots of fun, still doing "special projects" and "helping" with durability work!! Good days, I didn't mind getting up and going to work every day back then!!

I agree, the company and the products are no longer the same, but if left to carry on the "old" way they would have bit the dust long before now.

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag

Simply beautiful!
I have told my wife on a few occations I would love to have an old Aston Martin.
Good luck with the rest of the resto

OP
D

DB6

Jedi Hopeful

Cheers everyone! PC, you get a ride any time you are in this part of the world!

Danny

Bret

Yoda

Cool DB6!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gifI must admit that (like most Americans probably) I’ve always loved Aston Martins ever since I first saw Goldfinger (Bonds DB5) at the ripe young age of 5. It took a few years, before I discovered the rich racing history of the Marque. But I love the DB4s, DB5s, & DB6s. However I must say that my favorite of all time is the Zagato GT (AUJ655L).

DB6 Wonderful color BTW. Looks great on the DB6. My only hope - is that I can talk my wife into one some day?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

Wow, Danny, thats beautiful. Good luck on the rest of the resto.

90 XJ-S

Jedi Trainee

Danny,

Is it OK if we are all a little bit Jealous?
Beautiful car! Keep us up to date on your progress.

Mike

OP
D

DB6

Jedi Hopeful

Mike, if you are a bit jealous, i will be very jealous from you beeing in sunny San Diego whilst I just woke and saw the first snow of the winter...

danny