• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hiram the London taxi

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Our '66 Austin taxi had been misbehaving. The engined raced near full throttle at start up. A local diesel shop said they could repair it. After waiting since July, the owner finally called to say the car was ready. My wife was ready to go in minutes. The car idled without the surge a good thing, but still ran near the top of the throttle. He installed a period correct fuel pump in place of an electronic device a previous owner had installed. Back to the shop. I noticed a guy tending to the car when we left the place. I hope it is not in need of an injection pump, those are pretty pricey. We thought we were back among the British car drivers. Oh Well. T.T.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
AAAArrrggghhh! There always seems to be something doesn't there? I can understand your frustration. I don't, however, know the first thing about oil burners, so all I can do is to offer my sympathy and to hope that the bill to fix it remains low.