• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is that brown blob???

Legal Bill

Jedi Knight
Country flag
...under the checkered flag on the masthead of this site? Is it the outline of a race track? A puddle of oil left by a leaky rear main seal?

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Hi Bill,
That is a silhouette of a motorcycle rider. His helmet is in the upper right and the tire is lower left.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
GregW said:
Hi Bill,
That is a silhouette of a motorcycle rider. His helmet is in the upper right and the tire is lower left.

Dang Greg! Even I never knew what that was! Thanks! Now that you said it, I can see it! I thought it was just supposed to be a sheep of glass over the graphic that was broken (see the "shards"?). That graphic is one that I found in a web site software package I have that I just modified (I replaced some Asian car with the Spitfire and added the "British Car Forum."
That "brown blob" is something that has always bothered me, but at least now I know what it is! LOL One of these days I'll try to come up with a better graphic.

And Bill - At the bottom of the site there is a drop-down where you can select different "styles" and hence different graphics. You can also select different styles from your "My Preferences" under "My Stuff."

Basil

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
And here I thought you always knew. Since there is the Brit bike forum it just made sense to me.
Here is a shot from another forum I lurk on.

OP
L

Legal Bill

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Basil said:
GregW said:
Hi Bill,

Dang Greg! Even I never knew what that was! Thanks! ...
Basil

:lol: Thanks Basil. Now I don't feel so bad. I'm embarassed to say how much time I've wasted staring at that blob and wondering what it is.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Legal Bill said:
Basil said:
GregW said:
Hi Bill,

Dang Greg! Even I never knew what that was! Thanks! ...
Basil

:lol: Thanks Basil. Now I don't feel so bad. I'm embarassed to say how much time I've wasted staring at that blob and wondering what it is.

Ha ha! Me too! I thought it was some sick Rorschach test!

eddyramrod

I figured it out within a couple of minutes... not wishing to show off! But, if the Spitty is an addition, then maybe something could be placed over the blob? Even a better pic of a bike in action?