• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Watsonville Speedway

Bugeye58

Yoda
Tracy, now that NARC has folded up, is there any group still running Sprints and Midgets at Watsonville?
I used to love NARC Speedweek, when they did seven races at seven different tracks. It was fun chasing around to the various tracks in the Sprite.

Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Ohhhhh Kaaaay......?

(Earth to Jeff......I think you're mixing up "Midgets" with "midgets"......this happens as we get older) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP
B

Bugeye58

Yoda
Nial, I used to spend a month in Ca. every summer, and the Northern Auto Racing Club (NARC) ran their big week long event every year when I was there. Midgets, (as in USAC midgets), and winged 360 and 410 Sprints. Always a good show. But, now NARC is no more, and I was just curious as to what was running at Watsonville these days.
I haven't quite tottered over the edge yet. Perhaps close, but not yet over!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif
Jeff

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
If Jeff meant "midgets" instead of "Midgets" wouldn't he have said "midget sprints" instead of "Sprints and Midgets?" I have to admit it might be an entertaining race though. I can imagine the anouncer saying, "and around turn four its the number 7 midget he seems a little winded but is still running strong, followed but the number 2 and the number 9, who is gaining ground.