• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

So Cal Forum Members Drive

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I think it's time for another drive...how about it...let me here from all of those in the immediate area...and lets see if we can get more cars together than we had on our last drive...

I haven't done a route out yet...but I'm thinking a drive down the coast from Huntington Beach area...down to San Clementine...with some side routes...like the Newport Peninsula...also we'll stop for lunch somewhere...and see who can tell the tallest tales...hey we can even talk about all those MG guys back east...that wish they were in Southern Cal...

I'm going to say let try for...September 13th...school should be back in...and Saturday traffic down by the beach should be less...by then...okay...lets see a show of hands...

Oh...the drive will start around 9:30-10:00 am until we get finished...which should be around noon...

This is open to everyone that is visiting on this Forum...Jag's, Healey's, MG's, Triumph's...etc..those in the greater Orange County area...hey even those in LA County that want to met some of the names you see on this board...our last trip was lot's of fun...
driving.gif

Okay...it's hands time...
savewave.gif
savewave.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Henri...don't forget to post pics...we had a great "show/tech session" at Tom Bedenbaugh's in Memphis for our friends in this part of the country last week....maybe Basil needs to start thinking about a centralized forun meet/rally - not virtual but real!

Bret

Yoda
Sounds great Henri!

savewave.gif
savewave.gif

Assuming that my better half doesn’t already have plans for us that weekend, you can count me in. The only down side is that PITB drive up – it’s all freeway driving and not a lot of fun in an MGB. However it’s only about an hour & a half drive from where I live in San Diego County to the Huntington Beach area, so it’d be worth it for me if the timing is right.

Keep us informed as the plans jell.

cheers.gif

[ 08-22-2003: Message edited by: Bret ]</p>

Basil

Administrator
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tony barnhill:
<snip>....maybe Basil needs to start thinking about a centralized forun meet/rally - not virtual but real!<hr></blockquote>

Actually, I've tought of that. Was just waiting for the membership to grow to the point we'd have better chance for good turn out:

See this thread

Basil

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, there ya go...great minds think alike!
cheers.gif

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hey...I'm looking for some people to do a ride with...let's focus...

Super 7

Jedi Warrior
You might consider getting up early enough to hit the every Saturday meet at Magnolia and Adams in HB before the run. I assure you, if you have never been, it is worth seeing. You do need to be there by 6 or 6:30 to get a good space in the lot. It is always a good show, but it needs more British cars.

My Ford V8 powered Cortina is currently housed in Anaheim. I am happy to be working right now, but unfortunately it is on a missle defense site in Alaska, or I would go.

I spent most of the last two winters in Orange County, and hit Magnolia and Adams many a Saturday Morning. The beauty is that it is over by 8:30 or 9, so it doesnt wast too much of your day.

Maybe next winter, for me.

PS:

Don't you mean San Clemency?

[ 08-22-2003: Message edited by: Super 7 ]</p>

sevenhead

Freshman Member
Paul,

Send me your key as I would be happy to take the V8 Cortina out for a little exercise
wink.gif

My Subaru WRX wouldn't really fit in.

Lee

Melvin R. Caslis

Freshman Member
Hi Henri,
If the Bugeye still starts and I can still fit into it we'll be there. Just let us know when and where.
You just gotta stay focused.
Melvin

John Loftus

Darth Vader
Hi Henry,

Sounds like fun but I will be hiking Mount Whitney on the 11th and participating in a 100 mile bike ride around the Mammoth area on the 13th. Did you say something about LBC owners needing to work out?
iagree.gif

Anyway, the Healey is still being restored but I might be able to get an alternate ride for the next OC jaunt. Keep 'em coming.

Cheers,
John

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Okay...where are all the sign-up's people...I got one guy on a mountain-bike...another trying to drive someone else car...a transplant in Wisconsin who wants to be "virtually" there...and a MG from San Diego County...and a "Bugeye" that might not start...

Where are you...DougR, Healeygal, Tintinmilou and the rest of you Orange County people...let's see those hands...
savewave.gif

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
Hi Henri,

Having trouble focusing - it's been so hot!! Haven't had my Healey out on a ride since the middle of July after getting back from the meet in Eureka, but I'll be there in September, will be watching for place and time.

Jon12

Jedi Hopeful
I'll come down from San Luis Obispo if I have my car sorted out by the 13th. But that is indefinite. I have a few other things that I need to do in La anyway so this would give me a good excuse to take the spitfire.

SoCal

Freshman Member
Country flag
Henri, Count me in. Work has been getting in the way lately, but the 13th sounds good.

Paul W.

Both hands
savewave.gif
Count me in, it sounds like fun.

May I suggest the car show at Crystal Cove as another alternative meeting site or maybe a stop along the way. Lots of nice sports cars attend that show. I think the Triumph club meets there on the second tuesday of the month for there weekend breakfast drive. Hey, by coincidence, that's the 13th also! I'll see if I can find more info. Will you be emailing more specifics on the drive to those of us who are interested?

Paul W.
1964 TR4
TS 29734 LO

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Well it looks like might have a little crowd of LBC's running up the coast on the 13th...I'm just finalizing the starting and finishing site...looking for a great place to eat...and we'll be off...I know there are still some people out there that are in Orange County...please try to make this ride...we'd love to meet you...maybe we can get 10-15 cars...on this drive...let seee..
driving.gif

Paul W.

As promised, more info on another British car cruise on Saturday 9/13/03 in Orange County.

Triumph Register of Southern California will be meeting at Crystal Cove shopping center parking lot at 7:00AM on PCH, just south of Corona del Mar. They will gather and enjoy the sports car/hot rod show until 8:15 when the TR caravan will depart, driving through a back bay scenic drive in Newport. From there, they meet and have breakfast together.

I'm not suggesting we join them for breakfast, or anything else for that matter, at least not without checking with them first. I'm just making you aware of more Brit cars that will be motoring about in OC on that day. I may join up with them first if your 9:30 start time holds true.

Paul W.
1964 Triumph TR4