• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Orange County CA "Ride"

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Orange County CA "Ride"

Okay...the weather here in So Cal is absolutely perfect...so...how about a "ride"...the 1st gathering of the local chapter of the BCF Forum...for future reference the OCC-BCF...
thumbsup.gif

Okay...the ride is scheduled for February 22nd...plenty of time to make it happen...about a 2 hour ride through the Santiago Canyon area of Orange County...still trying to decide whether to picnic at Irvine Park or a local eatery...so when you respond to this thread...please indicate your preference...
thumbsup.gif

This ride is opened to everyone one interested...all LBC's are welcome...at this time the meeting area is at the corner of Tustin Blvd and Meats Blvd (the Orange Mall)...in front of the Sears store...we will leave at 10 am...so try to get there between 9:30 and 10 am...
thumbsup.gif

Okay...whose in...please tell your friends too..
cool.gif

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
Re: Orange County CA "Ride"

Henri,

Sounds good to me - I prefer an eatery, although a picnic in February would be would be rather unique! Anyway, count me in unless my car's latest problem (clogged fuel filter?
confused.gif
failing fuel pump?
confused.gif
) isn't resolved by then...

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: healeygal ]</p>

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Hey...so far I think we are up to five...OCJames...a 67 Sunbeam owner tells me that if he's up and running he'll join us...cool...
cool.gif

SoCal

Freshman Member
Country flag

Henri, Count me in. I'll be there with bells on, or rattles rattling if you prefer.

Super 7

Jedi Warrior

I would like to go, but I think I will most likely be in Maine that weekend.

healeygal

Jedi Warrior

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Henri:
Okay...the weather here in So Cal is absolutely perfect...so...how about a "ride"...the 1st gathering of the local chapter of the BCF Forum...for future reference the OCC-BCF...
thumbsup.gif

Okay...the ride is scheduled for February 22nd...
thumbsup.gif

Okay...whose in...please tell your friends too..
cool.gif
<hr></blockquote>

Hi Henri,

Double checking to make sure the ride is still on for this Saturday! Just checked the weather report, and the forecast is for mostly sunny skies and temps in the low to mid '70's, which should be just perfect for the OCC-BCF inaugural ride, and my car (new clutch, new overdrive solenoid, new fuel filter) is rarin' to go - can't wait!

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: healeygal ]</p>

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Sharon...I'm up and running...see you on Saturday...and hopefully 5 other cars...
thumbsup.gif

DougR

Jedi Trainee
Country flag

A grand day out! Thanks to Henri for organization and his weather committee for the perfect temps! I have a few nice pix. I just don't know how to put them up here. Need BCF for Dummies.
confused.gif

healeygal

Jedi Warrior

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DougR:
Need BCF for Dummies.
confused.gif
<hr></blockquote>

I need a copy, too - I managed to post my comment on our outing under "CONGRATULATIONS, Basil" in the Austin-Healey Forum!! It made sense at the time...
confused.gif
In any event, thanks to Henri and Basil, it was a great day - looking forward to the next one!

[ 02-23-2003: Message edited by: healeygal ]</p>

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Hey...it happened...the 1st OCC-BCR Saturday Morning Ride and Extravaganza...five cars showed up (4 Healey's and a Triumph)...and off to the wilds of the back hills of Southern California we took off...what a gorgeous day...the temperature was in the mid 70's...we drove into Santiago Canyon area...stopping in Silverardo Canyon...then we whizzed past Cook's Corners and took a quick look over El Toro from a vista lookover...finally back-tracked and stopped into a eatery...and finished the morning with lunch...Thanks Steve (So Cal), Sharon (Healeygal), Mel (Melvin R. Caslis) and Doug (DougR)...for making it a great trip...the picture below is only missing Doug's Healey...otherwise...in order are Henri's Healey, Steve's Triumph, Mel's Healey and Sharon's Healey...

I think Doug took a bunch of photo's and maybe he will share them...I took my camera but forgot to take any pictures...hopefully when we do this again...we will have a few more "locals" join us...

ride.jpg

[ 02-23-2003: Message edited by: Henri ]</p>

Basil

Administrator
Boss

Cool! The first ever BCF gathering! Lets hope its just the start of even bigger and better things to come! Doug - how about those pictures?

Basil
cheers.gif

Melvin R. Caslis

Freshman Member

Hi People, That was a great way to spend a Saturday A.M. If Doug finds a route thru Carbon Canyon I'm pretty sure there's a guy at that old gas station in Sleepy Hollow that plays a banjo (Henri joke). Thanks again. Dirty Old Melvin

SoCal

Freshman Member
Country flag

I just wanted to add my thanks to Henri for putting the ride together. A great way to spend a Saturday. The Healy folks are pretty nice. Being the only Triumph, they didn't make me drive at the back of the line!
cool.gif
I've got a few pictures I'll try to get out today..

Tintinmilou

I can't tell you how heartbroken I am to have missed this event! Especially in my own backyard! The drive down Trabuco Canyon in my MGA is one of my favorites!
I hope I'll be able to be in on the next!
cheers.gif