• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Southern California British Car Week Report

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
If you've been paying close attention to Forum announcements, you know that this week, May 25 to June 2, is British Car Week. In an effort to support the cause, I took my Healey on a 3-hour drive today around the Los Angeles/Orange County area of Southern California. I went thru the communities of Torrance, Palos Verdes (a beautiful coastline drive with million dollar homes and views to Catalina island), San Pedro/Los Angeles Harbor, Long Beach/Queen Mary and surf city, Huntington Beach. During my journey, I only saw two other British cars - a square body Sprite in San Pedro, and a TR3 on Pacific Coast Highway in Huntington Beach. To top it off, two of the British cars (mine and the Sprite) were driven by women, plus a Healey I saw on Friday was driven by a gal, so come on guys, get those little British cars out there on the road this week!

An Interesting Sight: While driving by the San Pedro/L.A. Harbor area I saw what must have been a thousand new cars waiting to be transported to dealerships throughout the area. The predominant colors were silver, black, white and metallic beige, with an occasional red. Lately, while stopped in traffic when the light is red, I've been noticing all the new cars are really bland colors. I guess it's the trend - bland colors and boring, all-the-same body styles! Thank heaven for little British cars!!

DougR

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I regularly drive my Sprite on weekends or Summer evenings. I've been pushing more time for BCW but havn't seen another LBC. Are we so few that unless on an organized drive we never see another LBC? Hope not. Make that effort to be seen, and possibly honk and wave at another!

A

aerog

Good report Sharon -- I wish I could say I saw some British Cars on the roads here in east-Central Florida. About the only thing to report are nothing much more interesting than late-model Jaguars (XJ6, new S-Class, and a couple others).

I did happen to see one old, late 60s-ish MGB that is a daily driver I see from time to time. Apart from that I drove my MGTD replica every day, and the MGB this weekend.