• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Riley Elf?

Izual Angel

Jedi Trainee
I heard of this the other day, and all I know is that it's a sister to the Mini and the Wolseley Hornet. Anyone have any information on this car? I'm kind of curious about them.

UltimateQuestion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I've heard it refered to as a "tarted up" Mini. It is virtually identical to the Wolseley Hornet. It has a funky little grill, more trim, a little boot that extends from the rear and diferent tail lamps. See this picture for a visual.

https://www.miniresource.com/MINI/hornet3.jpg

Roly Morris

Freshman Member
At the time (Riley Elf) was released it was the Top of The Line luxery model, purchased by lawyers and accountants. It came with leather seats, Wilton carpet and a walnut facia panel.

Graham Lyons

Freshman Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UltimateQuestion:
I've heard it refered to as a "tarted up" Mini. It is virtually identical to the Wolseley Hornet. It has a funky little grill, more trim, a little boot that extends from the rear and diferent tail lamps. See this picture for a visual.

https://www.miniresource.com/MINI/hornet3.jpg
<hr></blockquote>

Not a pretty thing, sort of like Mini meets Austin Freeway!

OP
I

Izual Angel

Jedi Trainee
I kinda like em, except the extra boot that it has. Looks like a Mini with a tumor.

Graham

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Well, I like em a lot. They are a real nice car they are well apointed and well made and I like there looks to. They are one very nice motorcar.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I saw one of them at the British car show in Townsend, TN last year - beautiful little car...I'd love to sit it next to my MG1100 to see the differences

Graham

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
They are based on the Mini, not the 1100 like the MG is, so outside the drive train they arn't really the same. There was one at a car show over here about 6 months ago. It was done up really well, and the bloke who owned it was as proud of punch of it (rightly so). It had a Cooper motor fitted and had a small supercharger installed, so it should give a good account of itself.
I must have talked to him for over an hour and really did enjoy looking at it, as despite working on Minis for 8 years I had never had a close look at one.
cheers.gif

zanzibar

I think they're great. Kind of like a teeny-tiny Rolls Royce. Definitely on my must-have list if my Mini collection ever extends beyond one car.

OP
I

Izual Angel

Jedi Trainee
I'd love one, but I need a little more garage space first. LOL Thanks for all the posts!