• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I just created this new forum (1/21/08) as a place where members can discuss forum functionality. If you have a question about how to do something on the forum, you can ask it here. The answers won't necessarily come from me - other members can provide assistance also. Given the number of emails I get asking the same kinds of questions, I thought this forum might be useful.

PS: You can also use this forum for discussing general computer issues as well.

NOTICE: I have locked this thread because people were posting different questions as replies to this thread. It's better to start a new topic, with a descriptive title to ask questions. That way your question will have a better chance of being seen and responded to.

Last edited:

roofman

Jedi Knight
Is there a way to change to an animated avatar?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Yes, just upload an animated GIF in you "My Stuff" >> "My Profile" area. However, to be honest, I'd prefer folks not use animation in their avatar or signature, becauwe frankly, they can be annoying for some folks.

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Am still trying to post my first pics on the forum. You guys that do this as naturally as breathing leave me with my mouth agape. I have pictures off my camera in a folder in "my computer". I e-mailed some to myself as that was the only way I could downsize them. When (if) they show up in my mailbox can I post them from there? And if so, what dark spirits must I invoke to accomplish it. I appreciate your patience with me, but be forwarned that I am determined to master this, so your patience may be strained. Dale

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Dale said:
Am still trying to post my first pics on the forum. You guys that do this as naturally as breathing leave me with my mouth agape. I have pictures off my camera in a folder in "my computer". I e-mailed some to myself as that was the only way I could downsize them. When (if) they show up in my mailbox can I post them from there? And if so, what dark spirits must I invoke to accomplish it. I appreciate your patience with me, but be forwarned that I am determined to master this, so your patience may be strained. Dale

See if this video helps.

If you still have trouble or have any questions, email or PM me with your phone # and I'll call and talk you through it.

Basil

cannon

Freshman Member
I'm a new member.
I have a problem with my TR6 and would like to ask members if they ever had such an issue. Where or how do I go to post it?
Also,
I would like to introduce myself to the forum but the "introduction" box doesn't have anywhere to do this.

cannon

Freshman Member
I'm a new member.
I have a problem with my TR6 and would like to ask members if they ever had such an issue. Where or how do I go to post it?
Also,
I would like to introduce myself to the forum but the "introduction" box doesn't have anywhere to do this.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Cannon -

First, welcome to the party!

If you click on the "New Member Introduction" section, you should see the "New Topic" button. Click on that and post away.

For a TR-specific question, do the same in the Triumph section.

Glad you're aboard!

Mickey

T

Tinster

cannon said:
I'm a new member.

<span style="color: #660000">Welcome aboard Cannon !!

I am Tinster and I own the most often broken down
TR6 on the Triumph forum. Trust me, any issue you might have
has been experienced by more than one member and help will
quickly be sent your way.

Again, welocme aboard,

Cap't Dale </span>

mightymidget

Jedi Knight
When I print a thread I want to save for reference I use the computer task bar (file-print)and the side is cut of of thread responses.

Does this site have a print version? should I want to print a thread and all responses

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
mightymidget said:
When I print a thread I want to save for reference I use the computer task bar (file-print)and the side is cut of of thread responses.

Does this site have a print version? should I want to print a thread and all responses

At the top of a thread, click on "Topic Options" the select "Print Topic" That will put the thread in a printable format and you then use the file print function as normal on your browser.

aeromech57

Freshman Member
Greeting all!

New member Aeromech57 here. New to a TR6 but previously owned MG's and a Sprite.
I look forward to learning from all.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Greetings - but you posted in the wrong forum :smile: We have a forum called "New Member Forum". This is the Forum Help forum :smile:

GaryBeu

Banned
Sooo...when I sign in I've tried checking the box for "remember me on each visit" but it doesn't work. Suggestions?? Thanks.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sounds like it might be your security settings are set too high. Not necessarily a bad thing, but that might be preventing your browser from remembering you via cookies.

GaryBeu

Banned
Thanks. I'll check that out.

JRC

How long does it take for a profile to update after upgrading?

How do I take advantage of my Gold Membership? (i.e., Custom Title )

Is there a way for Moderators to post a thread at the top of a Forum section? This would be great if we could assemble all DIY info. for each particular model. (I notice the Triumph Spitfire Tech Wiki section severely lacking.)

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
JRC said:
How long does it take for a profile to update after upgrading?

How do I take advantage of my Gold Membership? (i.e., Custom Title )

Is there a way for Moderators to post a thread at the top of a Forum section? This would be great if we could assemble all DIY info. for each particular model. (I notice the Triumph Spitfire Tech Wiki section severely lacking.)

Actually, the moment you subscribed you had the Gold permissions automatically. Unfortunately, the little gold star and "Gold Member" title are things I have to do manually and sometimes I forget to do that. I have added the star and title to your profile now, however and thanks very much for the support.

Regarding posting messages at the top of the forum, yes moderators have that capability, but if we started posting all the DIY posts, it would be hard, if not impossible, to manage. I would like to get folks a bit more active in updating the Wiki, but not sure the best way to go about doing that. Maybe we need a "Wiki-God" for each marque to prompt members to add stuff when they see good stuff posted in the forums.

JRC

Thanks Basil.

Actually I was just thinking about a (1) Thread at the top of each forum where Mods could move a DIY post/procedure as they found them. It would be completely Moderator controlled.

Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.