Thread: "Spritely Years" Reprinted

"Spritely Years" Reprinted

Hi all,

Here (below) is a preview of a tidbit that will appear in the March issue of HEALEY MARQUE magazine:

SPRITELY YEARS REPRINTED

John Sprinzel’s lively and entertaining book, Spritely Years, has just been reprinted for this, the 50th anniversary year of the Sprite. This limited reprint is now available directly from John for $50 plus $5 postage to USA addresses (inquire for postage costs outside the USA). Add $10 for an autographed copy.

Detailing John’s career in preparing, racing and rallying Sprites around the world, with a complete history of the Sebring Sprites, this book is a must for Sprite owners and really for anyone interested in marque history. It includes many insights to the legendary Sprite’s history not found anywhere else. From the Amazon.com website: “Renowned for his sportsmanship, his keen sense of humor and debunking wit, John Sprinzel is a natural communicator and his previous books, articles and television work introduced many to the excitement of competition motoring. As well as recounting John's own illustrious motor sport career, this book also details the development and competition history of the car produced by his own tuning firm, the Sebring Sprite, which was based on the Austin-Healey "Frogeye" Sprite. Success often came for John Sprinzel on long-distance rallies requiring superhuman feats of endurance and there were always hilarious tales to tell afterwards.” Hardcover, 240 pages.

Used copies of this book are occasionally offered on Amazon.com for over $300, so this is a terrific opportunity to acquire a new one, autographed by John himself, at reasonable cost, but this is a limited reprint and so please do not delay.

Incidentally, John will be at Sprite Jubilee 2008, the 50th anniversary Sprite meeting (open to all with an interest in the Sprite) in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, May 16-20. See the HEALEY CALENDAR on page 37 for more details.

Book orders may be made via mail to John Sprinzel, P.O. Box 97, Kaunakakai HI 96748. For inquiries you can contact John via email to johnsebring65@gmail.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reid Trummel
    Editor, HEALEY MARQUE magazine

Re: "Spritely Years" Reprinted

Fantastic! I've been searching for this book for a while now. I'll put in an order in the next day or so for sure.
    Drew Frink -- http://www.drooartz.com
    '59 RHD Frogeye Sprite - "Penny" - at the bodyshop for metal work and paint
    '67 RHD MGB GT - "Millie"
    '14 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by drooartz
    Fantastic!
    That's definitely the right word Drew! I am re-reading my copy now, and it is a really wonderful book, and with many great photos. John is a multi-talented guy, and his book is just a great, great read.
    Reid Trummel

I've got an email into him right now confirming the details. I love these old books, gives a real feel for the times, people, and cars.
    '14 Jeep Wrangler

Chats

Do you think the reprinting will hurt the values of the used books?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing...99915458&sr=8-1
    Simon Clark - 1967 MGB GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Monark192
    Do you think the reprinting will hurt the values of the used books?
    It won't hurt the value in the least, but it may well lower the price.

We can only hope - it's a book that any Healey/rally/British car fan will enjoy immensely! The first chapter is about John's drive in a Midget in the 1968 London to Sydney Rally - it's ALL good British car stuff. Makes you wish you were there with him.
    Reid Trummel

Jedi Hopeful
    Chats

Emailed him as well. Waiting for a reply.

Chats

John Sprinzel tells me they are not in yet and will be in a couple of weeks. It is going to be worth the wait, believe me. I spoke to Tom Coulthard, his co-author two years ago and have been waiting for the official announcement. Soon; very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by HandyAndy
    John Sprinzel tells me they are not in yet
    <span style="color: #CC0000">UPDATE:
    </span>
    The books are in! Orders are being filled now.

Sent my check in the mail yesterday. Should be a good read.
    '14 Jeep Wrangler