• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New carpet Kit

Jayrz

Jedi Trainee
So my new red carpet kit showed up yesterday. Not extremely impressed with what was in the box. Where can I find some actual instructions as to what gets glued, and in what order? Also, which pieces are supposed to get these snaps and where the snaps should be positioned?

Thansk all,,,

Dadandson

Jedi Trainee
I don't have any help but I will be purchasing a carpet kit for my Midget soon. Who did you purchase this from?

OP
Jayrz

Jayrz

Jedi Trainee
Mine is the Moss product. like the color and texture. just worried about the fit of a couple pieces that don't seem to line up as they should.

Dadandson

Jedi Trainee
I have the seats out of my 74 Midget and could take some detailed pics for you it that would help.

OP
Jayrz

Jayrz

Jedi Trainee
Pictures would be great! Especially depicting where the snaps are and which pieces are actually glued down.

Thanks

Glen_B

Jedi Trainee
For the snaps, the corners of the floor pieces will need them to keep from being shifted by your feet every time you get in. The front vertical footwell pieces may need them as well not to fall down at the upper corners. If you leave out the snaps, you will shortly discover right where they're needed.

Glen Byrns

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That is a super kit, you will like it.

Attachments

• 9011.jpg
    9011.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 136
OP
Jayrz

Jayrz

Jedi Trainee
That looks great Jack. And if you remember my mentioning going with black carpet,,,,,, changed my mind after seeing yours or a like one on the Spritespot gallery and ordered red.

TexasSprite

Jedi Hopeful
I have Moss's carpet and interior panels to put in my 59 BE in the near future. Jack, any helpful hints? I'd like mine to turn our like yours (except in black), although BRG with a red interior would be interesting this time of year.

OP
Jayrz

Jayrz

Jedi Trainee
TexasSprite,

Did you get seat covers and interior panels? reason I ask is my interior panels were a very dark red and did not match the seatcovers at all. Finally got tired of waiting for Moss to correct it and went out and found matching vinyl at an upholstery store and had the panels recovered at the same time as he rebuilt the seats with the new foam and covers. All matches great now but i have an interior that is worth more than I paid for the whole car.

Note: the seat base pans should have been gold plated for what I paid for a new pair!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Interor panels, carpet, and seats are all Moss through Tony of course. Matches as you can see just great.

I would suggest a bit of sound stuff inside the doors before you put the leather in. Glue down what is necessary.

Glue cross peice in front of the seats and the rear fender well covers.

Snaps on foot wells (4) back of tunnel cover (2)and the part behind the seats that is flat (2). A grand total of 12 and they come with the carpet set.

TexasSprite

Jedi Hopeful
My Moss seat covers and panels are black and match well. Believe me, I understand your comment about gold plated parts. I could have bought several nice cars off of ebay for less than I have tied up in parts and the original cost of my BE. It seems like you would save money by doing it yourself, but in the case of old cars, that just doesn't seem to be the case.

OP
Jayrz

Jayrz

Jedi Trainee
Thanks for the tips guys, layed them all out and know where I'm placing the snaps now. Unfortunately it is just too brutaly cold here to perform much work in the garage here in Denver. I have to read the can, imagine that, but i'm pretty sure this 3M "77" contact cemet is not supposed to be used when it's this dang cold anyway.

Blacktop 20V 4AGE is going to get pulled apart and freshened for now. Have to find a trans now....

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Jayrz said:
Blacktop 20V 4AGE is going to get pulled apart and freshened for now. Have to find a trans now....

Can't wait for this to get done......I want a ride when it is! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'll keep my eyes open for the tranny you need.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That is the Moss carpet kit.