• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

For the listeners of Car talk those wanting a giggle

MattP

Jedi Knight
https://cartalk.cars.com/

The official cartalk website. I found it tonight for a coworker. Find out if your LBC is right for you with the car-o-scope, or send tickets or a virtual dope-slap to a friend for the holidays.

And while you are at it, have a merry christmas.

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Was encouraged to find several Triumph models listed, but disapointed that the TR-7 was not one of them. What does that say for the state of mind of TR-7 owners?
crazy.gif

TypeRboy

Jedi Warrior
I'm just waiting for my car-o-scope now.. Cute little web site...

youngsmith

It told me I was too much of a risk taker, and way too young to be driving the spit.... 'course, it also said I was objective and logical.. it also said I was too cheap.

It said my grasp of reality was too good, and that I wasn't flakey enough.

It said hapiness would come from a plymouth duster. It listed off 4 other vehicles, and all but one where chrysler products, one was even a minivan...

Lesson learned: it's a good thing people don't believe everyhting they read!

Tony

kindofblue

Jedi Warrior
They didn't have the Ford Focus on there - so I put in SAAB 900 as my car which is my wished for daily driver. It said I was just about perfect for a 900 - except I was too young, and too much of a risk taker.

It also suggested

Plymouth Duster (?)
Jeep (ok)
BMW 2002 (yes yes)
Honda Passport
VW Eurovan (huh?)

So anyway, I had never been to the site, but loved it, and am now addicted to the forum there as well.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
What fun that Car-O-Scope,

Apparently my current car is just right, a Chev Cavalier, although I make less money than most Cavalier owners (actually I make less money than most people, period!)

The concensus - I have a low risk for tolerance, I'm a cheapskate, and I'm not status conscious. Nothing new to me, I already knew all of that.

As for other suitable cars:
#1 BMW 2002 (one of my favourite non-British classic cars, good pick!)
#2 Honda Passport (??? I don't even like modern SUV's)
#3 Plymouth Duster (??? the old one or the fake 1980's one, either way I don't like mopars)
#4 BMW 328i (too yuppyish for me)
#5 Mercedes-Benz 190E (would consider it, particularly the 2.3 - 16V hot version)

OP
MattP

MattP

Jedi Knight
It suggested my Carma would be better with a Colt Vista Wagon. Uuuuhhhh, no. I used to have a Plymouth, and you can't run fast enough in one to give it to me.

lawguy

Jedi Knight
It said I was a good match for my current old-faithful, my GMC S-15 Jimmy.

However, it said the perfect car for me is a Volkswagen Corrado.

Also on the list was the Volkswagen Beetle, Honda Passport and BMW 2002.

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sherlock:
What fun that Car-O-Scope,

Apparently my current car is just right, a Chev Cavalier, although I make less money than most Cavalier owners (actually I make less money than most people, period!)

The concensus - I have a low risk for tolerance, I'm a cheapskate, and I'm not status conscious. Nothing new to me, I already knew all of that.

As for other suitable cars:
#1 BMW 2002 (one of my favourite non-British classic cars, good pick!)
#2 Honda Passport (??? I don't even like modern SUV's)
#3 Plymouth Duster (??? the old one or the fake 1980's one, either way I don't like mopars)
#4 BMW 328i (too yuppyish for me)
#5 Mercedes-Benz 190E (would consider it, particularly the 2.3 - 16V hot version)
<hr></blockquote>

it says you're too poor for a Cavalier but it suggests BMWs and a Mercedes-Benz?
crazy.gif

OP
MattP

MattP

Jedi Knight
I don't know about the duster specifically, but it seems that everyone gets a Daimler-Crysler product. Either they are sponsored, or sadists.
devilgrin.gif

I had a Plymouth Sundance, basically a 4 door Duster, the only worse car I had was a $300 Honda Civic. Stepping on the Plymouth's brake would turn on the rearwindow defrost. Only when you reached over and turned off the defrost would the third brake light turn on. When a Dodge salesman buying shoes from me asked whether I had ever driven a Chrysler product I responded "Yes, that is why I now drive a Ford." I still made the sale.

MattP

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
It says I am just about perfect for the Spitfire but a bit young and don't take enough risks.

It suggests the following:

1. Peugeot 505
2. Volkswagen Corrado
3. Mercury Mystique
4. Ford Probe
5. Plymouth Duster

Does every get the Duster?

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
We had a 90 Dodge Shadow that had peeling paint, overheated, misc electric problems, etc. The funniest thing was the rear drum brakes were missing a couple springs and had never working since new. Needless to say the front ones were shot.