• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Triumph Stag 35th Anniversary in 2005

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Greetings All
savewave.gif
This is a heads up that the year 2005 is the 35th anniversary of the introduction of the Triumph Stag to the world market
thumbsup.gif
. This milestone will be celebrated at the 2005 VTR National Convention by the Triumph Stag Club USA along with over 200 TSC USA club members (as of December 2003) in North America. The 2005 VTR National Convention will be held in Rockford Illinois on a date to be determined by the host club (to be anounced). TSC USA hopes to be a sponsoring club to this event.
There will be special events at the convention coordinated just for Stag Enthusiasts such as A Herd of Stags drive, A Herd of Stags BBQ/Dinner, A Herd of Stags photo shoot, A Herd of Stags thunder, etc. Note the operative word for inclusion is "enthusiasts".
To make this event very special, the TSC USA is calling on all Stag owners in North America and those willing to make the journey from abroad to assemble en masse at the 2005 National Convention in Rockford Illinois for the largest gathering of Stags ever in North America. Our goal: over 100 Stags.
This gives Stag owners almost 18 months to get their Stags roadworthy for the trip whether it be onto the trailer,
driving.gif
cross
canpatriot.gif
country, or
england.gif
cross the pond.
Anyone wishing to convoy to the 2005 VTR National Convention should begin planning with other Stag Enthusiasts in your area and those living along your proposed routes.
For questions, contact me at your convenience. I look forward to seeing a herd of 100 Stags or more in 2005 at the VTR National Convention in Rockford Illinois.
cheers.gif
patriot.gif

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Come on down!
driving.gif
thirsty.gif
cheers.gif

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
You should make a pitch to Adrian Planterose to bring over his factory four wheel drive Stag. You might have to pay his way to get his one of a kind car here. Bob

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I have seen Adrian's Stag, crawled under it, sat in it at Gaydon in '98. It is indeed a Stag design that is always on my mind, the thought of having an AWD V8 Stag is the stuff dreams are made of.
His and one other are so unique the parts are one off custom, so if anything breaks outside the normal Stag bits, it is make it from scratch.

I think I will stick to passing the pictures around of his car, paying for round trip from the UK is about $2000 plus other expenses. Too steep for our club!

So know of other Stag owners willing to make the trip?

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Re: Triumph Stag 35th Anniversary in 2005, VOTE!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif So, how many are coming to VTR 2005 in Rockford Illinois??

Take the poll! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

See you there!

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Right,
VTR 2005 will be held in Rockford Illinois July 26-30 2005 hosted by the Illinois Sports Owners Association ISOA.

Centrally located in mid USA so quite a lot of Triumphs, and most certainly Stags can attend.

https://www.vtr2005.org

An event not to be missed!!

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Now THIS is COOL, this is THE HOT topic in Events!!!

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gifI'm not sure what Unky Sam has in store for me yet this summer. If I have the time I'll go. I'd even have room on my trailer for someone who's intrested in sharing costs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Re: Triumph Stag 35th Anniversary in 2005 at VTR

Just a reminder for all planning to attend VTR 2005, register now, register early. Plan your summer and make your reservations at the Clock Tower resort now. It is filling up fast!!

https://www.vtr2005.org , promises to be an event not to miss in 2005. Be there!

Gather the herd for 100 Stags ... 100 Stags ... 100 Stags ... 100 Stags

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Any Triumph owners traveling to VTR2005 from the west, South West, North West, through or past Colorado, or in the path of traveling to Rockford Illinois from all points west, please contact me with your caravaning information. Nothing better than having several dozen Triumphs all in a line going to the same event and arriving en masse!

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Okay Folks we leave in 5 weeks, July 23 2005 from Colorado. Any Triumphs traveling from the west to VTR 2005 in Rockford Illinios?

Let's get the gaggle of Triumphs rolling!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

The wife and I are thinking about going - I notice there's a fair number from the Forum that will be there. How 'bout a dinner together one night? Any thoughts? Places to meet?

Mickey

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag

Dinner? I have contacts in the area......I can find out a really good venue. I would attend, of course! Pass up the chance to meet you guys? Let me know which night you are considering.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
2005 VTR

Steve -

You've got mail!

Mickey

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Re: 2005 VTR

Nice to see some folks coming from different areas. how about some posts like:

Planned Routes and travel dates with proposed stopover towns. This way folks can gather at stopover points and travel together in groups.

Think about 40-50 Triumphs or more all in a line traveling up to Rockford. That is an attention getter!!

Our plans right now are:
Depart Lafayette (Denver area) 23 July, generally travel East or North east I-76 to I-80 towards Omaha, or HWY 34 or HWY 36 east. Plans will change as other folks make their general plans knows and wish to meet at certain stop overs.

Glenn Merrell
President, Triumph Stag Club USA
210 Bass Circle Lafayette, Colorado 80026-1811 USA
303-665-6040 voice and mailbox #6
303-665-7820 fax
https://www.tscusa.org
mailto:president@tscusa.org

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

The wife and I will be leaving Clarksville on Monday, the 25th, driving direct to Rockford. We'll be trailering the TR3 (I know - we're wimps!), and looks like drive time is about 9 hours.

This is most likely our route:

Rockford Route

Mickey

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag

We will be living Sat the 23 of July from Monroe La. I am trailering my TR3 due to other things I will be bring. Lets try and get everyone on this forum to meet up one of the days during the convention.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Don -

Check your Instant Message...

Mickey

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Re: 2005 VTR - From Pennsylvania

Hi gang,
Michael Coffey will be heading a caravan from north east Pennsylvania to Rockford. Here is the initial plan:

DIRECTIONS: STAG CONVOY HEADING WEST FROM PENNSYLVANIA. Initial plan is to meet at 0800 hrs on Monday July 25, 2005, where I81 south merges on to I80 west. Pull over on to the shoulder just after you get on I80 west and we will depart from that point. We will motor to Cincinnati, OH on day one. Stay at a hotel to be determined, there and continue on to Rockford, IL on Tuesday. Any member that plans to be in this group should contact me no later than July 15 and we will finalize plans at that time. Please do a thorough maintenance on your Stag; bring the usual “parts” that may be needed and we will have a great trip. Return trip will be on July 30 & 31, 2005. All contact data for me is on the inside front cover of this July Stagnews. See you there !

Michael Coffey is the VTR Consultant - Stag, so locate him on the VTR Web site for contact information, or email at StagClub@epix.net

Cheers!