Click Here!

Thread: MGA wire harness routing and dressing

Chats

MGA wire harness routing and dressing

LBC fans, MGA fans in particular...

Does anyone have a picture of the under/behind instrument panel wire harness and cables routing for a 1500? [img]/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I have finished the wiring and am now in the process of cleaning it up, securing and routing the harness, the choke and starter cables, the speedometer and tach cables, and the temp/oil pressure cables. [img]/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer.gif[/img]

Any help will be appreciated... [img]/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Ron,

The only 'barn finds' I ever have are, well, finding a barn. Here's one I found. Moss probably has parts for it.

My Cars -- '57 MGA(Gone),'66 B (On The Road!!!)

Re: MGA wire harness routing and dressing

You need Todd Clarke's wiring guide and a copy of Vitrikas' restoration guide.

Pictures of anyone's car at this late date are suspect as far as using them as a guide to what is stock, as most cars have been restored (at least once)
    Current clutter: 1957 MGA-Jamaican, 1958 MGA Twincam (race car), 1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe, 1965 Jensen CV-8, 1969 MGC roadster, 1969 Lamborghini Islero S, 1971 Jensen Interceptor
    2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe

Chats

Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I am probably being OC about the dressing under the dash. This is not a concours car so I will probably just dress it as cleanly as possible and let it go at that. [img]/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Ron,

The only 'barn finds' I ever have are, well, finding a barn. Here's one I found. Moss probably has parts for it.

Chats

Ron,

Any chance you could post a picture of your wiring when you are done as a guide for those of us still to tackle this project. Nice to see another A being put back together in North County. Simon
    Simon Clark - 1967 MGB GT.

Chats

Simon,

Now I can feel the pressure!! [img]/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I will try to be up to the challenge to do a better job than I had planned... and record for posterity... [img]/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

North County!!! yeah... Let me know if you want to get together and commiserate over this insane task upon which we have voluntarily embarked...
    Ron,

Chats

Ron,

I would love to see your A as if your are working on wiring you are much further along than I am.

I do now have an engine and trans out of my 74.5 B. The rest of that car will live on as it was sold last week to someone who is going to convert it to electric power.

Simon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Simon Clark - 1967 MGB GT.

Chats

Rick,

Nice picture... that's what mine looked like a few years ago.... I would post a picture but can't find one of current status... Guess I'll take a couple this evening and post...

I'll PM you with contact information and we can get together.. [img]/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif[/img]
    Ron,