• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Need help with a TR 6 purchase

healeys4me

Greeting and happy new year! I am helping a friend locate a nice TR6 driver and one has surfaced in the Houston TX area. Are there any members close by who would help us out and look the car over? I am in Richmond, Va and want to do some validation before we make a trip to Texas.

You can contact me at johnmck231@aol.com

Thanks

John McKeever

G

John,
Without being too nosey, ya'll couldn't find something closer to home? Unless this is the deal of a lifetime. You are right, it pays to check out any TR before purchase, professionally...
A little story. A friend got the bug to get a TR6. He had no experience whatsoever with these little jewels, committed the ultimate sin, ran out and bought the first one that came up. He got screwed! Paid 5 thou for something that may have been worth 2. He has started to learn all about Triumphs, like we all have, has since bought a professionally restored one at a distressed sale for 9 thou (originally sold for 13+, rich guy bought it and didn't like it), and now also has a TR3 as well. (he got screwed, again. slow learner). Three Triumphs in 6 months is really bitten. Point is, as you hope to do, CHECK IT OUT. I am 5 hours away from Houston, but would help if it were closer. Sorry. Good luck....

Bill

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
I used to be in the Texas Triumph Register in Houston. I know a lot of TR6s down there. Can you give me any info on who has the car (who is selling?)

I might be able to tell you about the car or the owner.

Sam

OP
H

healeys4me

Bill, good advise and thanks for sharing. Yea we are willing to travel for the right car. The Houston car appears to be a good deal, but as you pointed out, do your research on a car prior to doing the deal.

I was lucky when we found my son's TR6, is was right here in Richmond and the seller was in a hurry to sell. I always say timing is everything.

Regards,

John

OP
H

healeys4me

Sam, thanks for the assist. I just sent over some pictures of the car to your e-mail address. Let me know what you think.

John

V

vagt6

John, I live in Charlottesville, drive a GT6 and belong to local LBC and Triumph clubs and familiar with LBCs in this area. FYI, before you buy one in TX, I think you might be pleasantly surprised at the wide range of available TR6s in the VA/DC/MD area. You might simply start with a google search or check out the Washington Post "Antique vehicle" classified ads.

I guarantee you'll find the car you seek in this area! Texas is a LONG way from here.

Good luck, please let us know how your search/purchase goes.

OP
H

healeys4me

I have looked from Richmond Va to Florida. Good idea about the Washington Post, a local paper around here. . .

Thanks GT6, will keep you posted.

John