• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

t?f parts source

t-rocks69

has any one had problems with the following company t?f i put the question mark as a middle initial only to leave the company partly nameless. any way i returned some parts that were sent to me for my car wrongly, i have a tr8 the parts sent to me were for a tr6. the clerk who took my order might of been dyslex (i think thats how its spelled wheres my spell checker--she must be at work shes not here) any way the parts were returned 7 mths ago they admit to having them but still will not do a return after numerous calls and promises that it will get done.
any one with similiar problems?? what was the solution..

James in Michigan

Haven't tried them , but have had problems with Vic Brit. Cap and rotor were incorrect, as an oil sender.
So will try someone else next time-

Am interested in others experience with suppliers( no fair replying if you are the owner)...

Eric

Jedi Warrior
I too have had problems with Vicky Brit. Returning stuff over the border is costly and complex - too much hassel. I've had good luck with Spitbits for GT6 parts. Nigel knows his stuff.
canpatriot.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
Nothing but praise for TRF here, as well. When I initially started the resto on my GT6, I was on their "top 10 customer" list for a couple of years, and they even sent me a Christmas card. I was changing the rear turn signal lamps to the yellow European "beehive" style, and was having problems getting a pair that either the color matched, or the interior design was the same. They finally just sent me a box of them, and told me to pick the two I wanted, and send the rest back!
I don't do as much with them as I used to, but if I need a part for a Triumph, that's where I'll go first.
Jeff

G

t-rock,
I hate to chime in with the other folks, but The Roadster Factory is the only way to fly. Sorry that you had a bad experience with them, some of their salestaff is new and inexperienced, but if you talk to John or Dave, you WILL get things right.

Bill

ObiRichKanobi

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I too returned some items to the partially nameless company. It did seem like it took them a long time to provide me the credit. My solution was to call their customer service number every Monday (I think it took three tries). The woman who answered the last time put me on hold, told me that she'd walked over and talked to the person that is responsible for it, and that it would be done by the end of the week. In reality, it was done that day.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
TRF & Moss are what have made this hobby/obsession possible for me over the past 20+ years. Anyone can make a mistake but I truly believe that Charles R (TRF) has a passion for these cars that goes way beyond 'just business'.

OP
t-rocks69

t-rocks69

well am not saying that the whole place is filled with blithering idots only the clerk i talk to a person i have never talk to before. i just have not liked the way the have handled this return..when i purchase a product am expected to pay right then. i don't have a choice of paying later. a company that has not responded to a customers repeated attempts to get a refund processed (5 calls so far) and 9 months later still no solution. show a lack of concern for a potential customer (since my normal supplier did not have the parts aviable right then and i could not wait) has lost a potential customer plus i will not recomened them. my normal supplier wedge parts can attest to my loyalty to him by the amount of money i have spent with him in the year i have owned this car. i don't think that i should have to call time and time again to get something done that is not my job my company pays me to do other work and i don't wish to waste my free time doing some one else work.. so theres my soap box and next time i will wait and stick with some one i trust.
later

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Your experience with getting a credit issued for items returned to TRF parallels mine. It took 7 months and several calls to get it but it finally got done. Have ordered from them several times and have been satisfied with their service with the single exception of the return credit.
Have found that no single supplier can meet all needs and that prices can vary between them enough to justify shopping around. Have also had satisfacory dealings with Rimmer Bros. in Jolly Old.
smile.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
If you're talking about The Roadster Factory, I've got nothing but praise for them. Bought virtually everything I needed from them to restore the TR3, and Dave's and John's expertise got me out of several binds with just my phone call to them.

OP
t-rocks69

t-rocks69

dale i do believe you are right about having to shop around. but i also found out that if you stick to pretty much one supplier that they tend to help you more when you run in to problems with there products being defective wrong parts are just need a little of a discount. So in the past year one supplier pretty much has taken most of my money for this greedy dollar sucking toy that i loved from the first time that i drove it 16 years ago but the owner won't sell it to me back then. o well a great love is worth waiting for even though when you finally get it, it is a little worn done from lack of attention.
peace

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'm with the pro TRF guys too. I bought the wrong electronic ignition at Christmas time last year. I didn't get around to installing it until June. I didn't take action until July. I sent it back they sent me the correct package. It did take longer that I thought it might. I think they know their stuff. I have real good luck with Nigel and Spitbits. He seems to have access to parts that no one else has. And don't forget Rimmer Brothers especially when they have free carriage. They have all the parts one could need. I find that for me most of the time I've misread the catalogue number and the merchant, Vitoria British, Moss, TRF, Spitbits, has been most helpful. I'm sorry to hear you got "burned." T.T.

OP
t-rocks69

t-rocks69

oh my g
they finally gave me a credit with me calling four more times. i never was able to talk to anyone in charge always put on hold and told it would be done yea right...8 months after the return it was finally done unbelievable service..will use again love being treated like a vauable customer...(to heavy on sarcasm right)
anyway thought some of you would like to know
merry christmas every one
troy

Winston

Jedi Trainee
Hope you won't give up on TRF, I really beleive that at TRF it's more than just a business, and we could sure use some of that good old common sense,and good service these day's.

Winston 67TR4A IRS

OP
t-rocks69

t-rocks69

to late bad service --can't stand people that lie to me nor will i do business with them our recomend them

chris roop

Jedi Hopeful
I haven't done business with TRF, or any nameless company as I am a Moss distributor. However, I can tell you that there is a majick about an order going wrong. When it does, and that is not often, (here at least), it seems that every possible thing goes wrong also. Use your imagination.
Business owners only have their rep and there are a lot of people who want to sell you parts. The vast majority will go out of their way to "fix it" to protect their name. The example above where someone got a box of lenses to sort through is not something I would have done, but my competitor did.
If I was me, I'd buy from him!