• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sighting......I wish that I hadn't

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
The other day, I happened to stop by the mall to pick up a book, and upon leaving I saw a Jaguar 'S' Type, black on black. So far so good, I happen to like the styling of this car. But some person who is totally devoid of taste had added a fake convertible top, again in black, and there was a cutout to allow the sunroof to open still. I wish that I had my digital camera with me, I would have been able to share the misery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pukeface.gif

On a lighter note, I did see a DeTomaso Pantera both on the way to and from work the other day, white and with the rear spoiler. It was being driven by a woman. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Dale,
You took the words right out of my mouth. (Actually, my first thought was "enough about the driver, what did the Pantera look like!"

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
You know, if I made some of those grammar comments on other forums, everybody would've come down on me for being too hard....I love this place!!

tony, o.k. you are correct, i dont meen these comments to be degrading at all,just pokin fun and bein my usuall smart a-- self,and if ever there was anyone more worthy of havin fun with or bein poked at for thier "grammah" or "spellin" id be the largest and brightest target! i will in the future try to contain meeself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
No, no, no....I was saying that tongue-in-cheek....referring to some folks elsewhere who get their "panties in a wad" & want to play games - not you...I actually thought about saying the same thing....hehehehe

tony, ya meen i dont hav ta, i wont hav ta? great i didnt realy think i could have contained myself, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
You know, if I made some of those grammar comments on other forums, everybody would've come down on me for being too hard....I love this place!!

No, no, no....I was saying that tongue-in-cheek....referring to some folks elsewhere who get their "panties in a wad" & want to play games - not you...I actually thought about saying the same thing....hehehehe

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, Tony... you may not agree with me but I believe when Basil made you a Moderator on this site you should have brought with the position, the ideals to not make negative comments about other MG forums.
Don't forget, there are a lot of folks from that BBS that frequent here as well.
Just my $.02

Paul

Basil

Administrator
Boss
It seems there is not a similar concern on certain other forums for allowing negative comments towards this forum - by name - or the manner in which it is operated. That said, lets get this thread back to the topic please. Thank you.

Basil

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
and that was about a honey with HID headlights and a rear spoiler?

D'oh!!! We were talking about cars! Pantera, yeah, pretty car for certain! I can only claim to have seen 1 on the road. Still a sight to behold in hum drum traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I got more excited about seeing a Pantera on the road than I did when I saw a Lambourgini Gallardo or a Murcielago... or even one of the Ferrari F430s...

The closest I came to getting as excited about seeing any other car on the road was when I saw one of the new Aston Martin DB9s... yet another beauty. *sigh*

Still keeping my eyes peeled for the new Aston Martin V-8 Vantage...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...had to bite me tongue after first reading the *original* posts... virtually... to keep from commenting: "Awww, 'e's English, y'know." I think it should stand as originally posted!

Hi Steve!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Deleted. Got a little carried away. Sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif