• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Friend's son's F-16 crashes

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
A long-time friend and co-worker's son had to bail out of his F-16 recently when the plane experienced landing gear problems. The F-16 crashed (controlled crash) and his son, was able to bail out. I was stationed in Utah and worked with the pilot's dad back in the 80's when both our boys developed the itch to fly. Sure glad that his son is ok.

F-16 crash

Basil

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Good news.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
EYOWWW!!! Glad to know he ejected instead of "riding it down." We need all the lawn dart drivers we can get. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
As an retired AF senior nco and mechanic...we always told the F-16s guy they were missing an engine...or called them lawn darts. They of course didn't see the humor. We took some F-11s from Cannon to Kunsan Korea for a few week TDY..and one of our guys crawled on the back of a nice shiny F-16 and was running his hands along the backbone. The pilot came along...a Captain..and asked what the H___ was going on!! My guy says" I'm looking for the hooks on this cute little things so we can attach it to the wing pylon of one of our 111s. As the ranking guy, the Capt. tried to eat me alive...until our Colonel came along....Later he said the jerk had no sense of humor. Glad your freinds's son is okay...the airplane can be replaced.

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
A long-time friend and co-worker's son had to bail out of his F-16 recently when the plane experienced landing gear problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know Lucas made aircraft parts.

Glad to hear he's okay!

glad to see the kid did good, ask any other airforce in the world why we can kick thier buts-training baby training!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif