• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

PS2: Classic British Motor Racing

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
It looks like a game for us LBC fans has finally been made.

Classic British Motor Racing. https://www.m3deurope.com/ and go to products, scroll down to Classic British Motor Racing. Check out the video, which shows a TR2 racing, as well as a Midget, Mini Cooper...what appears to be a Jensen Healey, and maybe an E-Type.

Looks more arcade than sim (bummer.) But I'll still buy it!

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
I'll definitely have to buy that. Just today I started a new file in Gran Turismo 4. So far I have a BRG '74 Spit 1500 with Minilites. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
I gotta get that!....I've grown bored of Gran Turismo 4....But it is a great game...not really enough LBC's....But I still enjoyed it...Enthusia has a CB MGB and a Bugeye, but the game physics are not as good as Gran Turismo.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
ok ok I'm gonna have to break down and get a PS2 aren't I?
That looks cool. I wonder how widely available it will be.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Hmm, Vodafony...funny.
Yeah, I think I'll purchase just so I can say I've hammered a midget to the max and crashed it into a mini.
Not familiar with GT4, has LBCs in it?

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, Vodafony...funny.
Yeah, I think I'll purchase just so I can say I've hammered a midget to the max and crashed it into a mini.
Not familiar with GT4, has LBCs in it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just the Spitfire really. The MGF & TF are in there though as well as the E-type.

Forza is the best console racer out there, IMHO.

R6MGS

Yoda
GT4 has a few lotus as well..Europa,Elan, Esprit....Theres a couple newer Jags as well....and a Ginetta G4.

OP
S

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Gran Turismo has many LBCs:
Triumph Spitfire, MGF, Ginetta G4, Mini Cooper (new (I know that's German,)) Aston Martin Vanquish, Jag E-Type and XKR, Lister Storm, Jensen Interceptor (incorrectly referred to as Jensen Healey,) Caterham 7, Lotus Elan, Europa, Esprit and Elise, Mini Marcos, and I'm probably forgetting something else.

I haven't been so enthralled with Forza. I like GT4 better. (I have both.) From what I can tell, the cars actually handle more realistically in GT4 than in Forza -- that's to say the 30 or so cars that I have actual seat time in (and some race laps in) in GT4 seem to handle exactly the same on the game as they do in reality, whereas Forza's graphics/collision reality is better, but the cars don't seem to reflect their real life counterparts quite as exactly.

But, just an opinion (and my opinion, at that, so it isn't worth much!) They're both fantastic games.

OP
S

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
[ QUOTE ]
PS: I really like your blog. Keep it up!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Dale!
I'm definitely looking for some feedback on what people like, don't like and what everyone wants to see in the future.

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
I like the idea of the "the steering thingy" being on the wrong side. I guess the equivalent then would be to go into the options and change the Gas/brake to the left thumbstick and the steering to the right thumbstick?

JACK

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
Don't get me wrong, I love the Gran Turismo series. I actually saved the receipt from GT2 to prove that I bought it the day before it came out, but that's another story.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
It doesn't look like you'll have to get a PS2. According to the game info it'll be available on CD-ROM for PC the same day it becomes available for PS2... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
Too video game for me, unfortunately. I like the British classics, but they just look silly in that game. I still like Rally Trophy!