• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Need air cleaners - TD

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Anyone out there have pancake style air cleaners like "stellings & Hellings" that are in ehh shape and collecting dust? My TD does not have an air cleaner and the PO cannot locate them yet.

I would love an original but I have yet to find one that does not cost as much as the car.

Anybody have any ideas on what I can do for now? What might fit? I'm looking for a low budget safe solution until I can get the funds up to afford the real deal.
Thanks
V

Steve_S

Yoda
Cut up some Yuban coffee cans? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Other than the usual suspects, I don't know of anything.

R6MGS

Yoda
I had an original TD air cleaner assembly....sold it on ebay a few months ago...I do have some pancake style air cleaners kickin around...but I think they are probably MGA or B. I got a set of Stelllings and Hellings for the TC until I can locate an original style cannister.

OP
vping

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I had an original TD air cleaner assembly....sold it on ebay a few months ago...I do have some pancake style air cleaners kickin around...but I think they are probably MGA or B. I got a set of Stelllings and Hellings for the TC until I can locate an original style cannister.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any one know if the bolt pattern will bolt up to the TD?

OC spacing of the holes is 2 3/8" but the distance from the carb face to the rad support is only 5/8". How the H are you supposed to fit anything there?

R6MGS

Yoda
That probably why the original set-up had a manifold type thing with the air cleaner itself up above the motor....But some of those thin pancakes should fit...I have a pair of chrome super thin ones around here somewhere....But i am not sure if they are in use on a car or are just kickin around in the loft....tomorrow is my friday off so i'll look around.