• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

And now THIS:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A military coup in Thailand... no bloodshed (yet), but the constitution of the country is declared null-and-void, the king to be "monarch" of the country...

"Only time will tell"

*sigh*

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
We have Canadian Soldiers, who are suposed to be on a peacekeeping mission, being blown up and killed by POS in Afghanistan, so what is happening in Thailand is of little importance to me. Those countries create their own problems and the rest of the world has to suffer for it.
Sorry Doc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/18092006/2/wo...terred-gen.html

R6MGS

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
We have Canadian Soldiers, who are suposed to be on a peacekeeping mission, being blown up and killed by POS in Afghanistan, so what is happening in Thailand is of little importance to me. Those countries create their own problems and the rest of the world has to suffer for it.
Sorry Doc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/18092006/2/wo...terred-gen.html

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I understand the frustration, just disappointed there's now one more restive nation. And I have friends living there.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Was in Thailand through a coup, no prob. They just start over with a different bunch of crooks. The King is the King. Loved by all. Does not run the goverment. Has a fine collection of clasic cars that he shows annualy at the meet in Bangkok at the Intercon, fun stuff.

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
As long as it was bloodless I guess it really doesn't matter who is in charge because typically it won't be long till they're over thrown and some one else takes over.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I spent a year in Thailand during the Viet Nam conflict. I really liked it over there. BTW, the King of Thailand was born in the United States.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I was there during a coup as well, Jack. '73, I think. Have a friend living up in Chaing Mai. No word yet from him to put perspective on this one. Likely it'll be worked out over time. It's as if Thailand's vote of "no confidence" is to have a coup to remove the offending politico(s)... and yup, the King will always be the King there. Revered.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
the King of Thailand was born in the United States.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, does he have dual citizenship or did he have to renounce his US citizenship to become king - or did he ever qualify for US citizenship?

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
He had/has dual citizenship.