• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Moving up already at work

Well, even though I'm the low man on the totem pole at work right now, by the first week of november, I'm going to be the second in charge. I'll be going for my CDL tests before then, and I'll be training the new guys as they come in (he wants 2 more employees). So I guess that means a pretty good promotion within 2 months of becoming employed - especially since only 3 of us work there right now including the manager. The other guy is leaving in november to move up north, leaving me as the most experienced guy there (besides the manager). Wow, things are kind of moving fast. I'm quite happy with it though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Good on you, Kenny. Always nice to see a friend get ahead in the world. I'm sure it feels nice to be appreciated and trusted.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Congrats, Kenny - so, with the CDL, we can transport lots of cars?

OP
kennypinkerton
I guess so, I'll be able to haul over 26,000 pounds combined GVW, and be certified for air-brake-equipped vehicles... now we just need a vehicle - I don't think the boss will let us borrow the dumptruck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Way to go Kenny!

You'll have those cars back on the road in no time!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tell ya what Kenney, we miss you around here in the day time but know you and wife are very pleased with your reverse of fortunes.

I'll bet there is a retirement plan, a medical plan, and even paid vacations and lots of national holidays. Go go good guys.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
That's Great news! Good Job.

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Kenny

Excellent. In two more months you'll own the company.

Patrick

R6MGS

Yoda
Way to go Kenny! Great to see a fellow MGB owner movin up....Just in time too...I bet those cars are feelin a little neglected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
'xcellent! As Patrick says, keep it up at this pace and you'll own the company in no time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

OP
kennypinkerton
Yep, I haven't even started either of them in the past month. I should have money to start putting into them by january after I climb out of the pile of bills we fell behind on, and after christmas.

I doubt I'll ever own the company though, it's a non-profit run by a board of directors, but I am one position away from being manager... Although I hope Mr. Rice (the manager) stays around for a while.

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
but I am one position away from being manager...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Kenny ole buddy ole pal since your sooooo well connected and moving on up the ladder so fast, I need a job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

D

Deleted member 3577

Congratulations /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif.....Did you get to run the backhoe yet?

Great job & it sure makes the day go fast!
There is nothing more honest than digging a hole.

(No argument about it.......You can measure it right in front of them before you get paid) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
Good on ya Kenny. Have you figured out why when you refill a hole there is still a lot of dirt left?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

He didn't join the AF Jack! he just got a job!.---Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP
kennypinkerton
When we fill, we have to pack it down and groom it (edge of people yards and such) so it all goes in eventually, but yeah it looks at first like there's gonna be way too much dirt to fill the hole back up. Nope I haven't run the backhoe yet, but I was asking lots of questions about it. And I climbed aboard the ditchwitch today and started asking what all the levers and pedals did.

We spent all day running 2 service lines under a road today (running 3/4 inch copper to replace the plastic lines that were leaking). I spent my fair share behind a shovel in a hole most of the day. I'm tired and ready for a rest... tomorrow we start back up reading meters again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif