• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Emperor's new room

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Been working on a complete re-make of my little study from where I run BCF. I re-painted, laid in solid oak floors and all new office furnature (and had an old couch re-done). FINALLY! I finished (or mostly - still have a bit of decorating to do).

study1.jpg

All the carpets up - bare concrete slab

study2.jpg

2. Now have all the 3/4" plywood in and ready for the flooring.

study3.jpg

3. The completed (almost) BCF Empire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Basil

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Looks good from this angle.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
What a stunning transformation. That floor is beautiful. When are you going to invite us over for the christening?? I'll bring over some Chimay Trappist ales. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Now you need a display case full of LBC models. It would look better than a Moose head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Hmmm.. It's almost as big as Doc E.s "shed"
lookin good Basil!
I'm imagining the "Imperial march" music from Star Wars playing in the background

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I'm imagining the "Imperial march" music from Star Wars playing in the background

[/ QUOTE ]

Two large druids in red outfits guarding the door with broomhandles would be a fine palatial addition.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Good, next week while you're here, you can help me finish my Midget Room!

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
Good, next week while you're here, you can help me finish my Midget Room!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now gentlemen, it is no longer PC to say Midget. Now we say "little car" room! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
Dang, that's a nice job!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I had no clue what I was doing when I decided to try this myself (the labor costs were more than the wood flooring in this case). So I found a web site dedicated to the wood floor industry and was able to download very good instructions on how do install the floor. It was fun, but it was also a lot of work!

Basil

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Basil:

That looks great. It also interesting to see where the control panel to our beloved forum is.

Great work.
Patrick

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Quote:Good, next week while you're here, you can help me finish my Midget Room!

Now gentlemen, it is no longer PC to say Midget. Now we say "little car" room!

[/ QUOTE ]

NOPE! I'm even having a sign made that says "Midget Room"

I'll remove it when everybody takes the word "MIDGET" off the sides of their cars.....hehehehe

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Dissapointing!
I was expecting a type of corporate boardroom.

- Doug

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I can get some nice photos for the wall... How about this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

225756233_b252b8cea5.jpg

Or this?

210728140_507a96764f.jpg

Or maybe this?

226825277_e95d1885e4.jpg

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Groan.

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Great job Basil. Now wood you want to come here and do mine?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm just oaking with ya.

My son is in the process of the same thing, on a big larger scale. Instead of starting with a foyer, they tore carpeting out of the dining room, living area, stairs and hallway. He spent nights on the internet too, until he found the directions for installing. They're about 1/3-1/2 (haven't had an update lately) finished. Last time I saw the house, was a disaster!

Planks for sharing the pictures.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That floor looks great. I did 750 sq/ft of th' hovel with ceramic tile, have two rooms yet to do and considered that wood. Only down-side is: TERMITES. So it'll be more tile. I'm envious, I *like* wood flooring.

jlaird, ive been a licensed contractor since 1984 im sorry if the pictures dont come out but groan this!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif