• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sightings....

Country flag
Drove down to Leeds, motorway typically boring & blah, nothing out of the ordinary, but then...

Turned off to the A65 to travel 50+ miles cross country and the oldies crawled out of the woodwork:

Early 50's Bristol 401/403?
TR4
'60s Midget
MGB
Mercedes 280 SL (topless, no less)
TVR (Late models, but still... and 2 of 'em)
MGFs (5, topless too, mostly)
Aston Martin (new)
And it must have been a dozen or so Mazda MX-5s (Miatas) and a couple MR2s.

...and zooming past me on the way back... a D-type (replica?)

The scenery was nice too- the road a bit windy through the Yorkshire dales, green with rolling hills and farmland, small villages... shame about the traffic being a bit slow....

Next summer I'll go back and hit the "B" roads with a sporty car, I hope....

jayhawk

Jedi Warrior
They were going to or coming back from a show? Or are there that many that come out on a good weekend? We stayed in the Yorkshire Dales area of the UK for 10 days (Skipton) and traveled every day by train and car (including parts of Scotland) but saw few LBC's or other classics. I did see several MGBGT's in York but I was kinda disappointed.

[ QUOTE ]
They were going to or coming back from a show? Or are there that many that come out on a good weekend? We stayed in the Yorkshire Dales area of the UK for 10 days (Skipton) and traveled every day by train and car (including parts of Scotland) but saw few LBC's or other classics. I did see several MGBGT's in York but I was kinda disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ] jayhalk,thats exactly what happened to me on saturday, about 8 am i started seeing all types of lbc's and others first 2 mg tc"s, one that was all white, the other a cream with green fenders,then a morgan, followed by a 356b, a couple of italian types,and several others, a friend asked me on sunday if id gone to the show, show what show? turns out they had a car show in a park not a half mile from my house, a day late and a so on and so on--- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

OP
JamesWilson
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
They were going to or coming back from a show?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its possible, but I didn't know of any locally (not that I would- based 200 miles away in Glasgow).

There was the Beaulieu Autojumble that weekend:

https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/common/majorevents.cfm?Event=2

but that's at the other end of the country.

It was just a nice day, sunny with a blue sky and fluffy clouds brisk (if not actually cold)... might be the last (or nearly so) good chance for a run and a nice Pub lunch before the weather turns nasty and the sun starts to set at 3:30....