• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How to be a sports car nut in the hinterlands?

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
OK... I live in the middle of nowhere (at least as far as vintage sports cars go)... We have the odd truly interesting British or European vehicle, but it is largely garden variety MG's, Triumph's, Healey's and the like...

I'm getting rather tired of looking at photos on the internet of all these truly rare sports cars at fantastic events I would just love to be at, it almost makes me go crazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif Just for once in my life I want to be at one of these events (Monterey Historics, Watkins Glen Vintage, etc...), but at this point lack of cash is getting in the way of any travel plans. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

What's a poor guy to do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess just to suffer in cyberspace and enjoy the view from here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yeah, but you've got the Calgary Stampede, Canadian Rockies, & best of all, Red Deer is just down the road!

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I know what you mean Tony, I feel like it's a trade off at times, it truly is great scenery out west towards the mountains and even out east on the prairies, but I totally miss Ontario and all the neat cars out that way that I'll probably never see here...

R

Randi

well I went to HOT AUGUST NIGHTS in Reno- the cars were fab but the only unmolested Brit was a Morris Minor which had alot of head scratching & mumbles.....Randi

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Heck Randi,

Living where I do, I've learned to appreciate all cars, even those American tanks...

228674641_ca27255df0.jpg

But I still look forward most to spotting classic import cars when I do...

236599397_65425997f6.jpg

Wow, nice GTX - you never see any of those 'round here. Good looking porsche too... Do classic european sports cars there have the FED bumpers, or the euro ones?

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
The top one is a 1971 Dodge Charger R/T (one of a handful built to certain specs, special order)

The bottom one is a 1960's Porsche 912 (my friend transplanted the engine from a VW 411/412 into it however)

Bumper question... We pretty much got the same bumpers as the States, I know of a few people who have re-done their cars to get rid of ugly regulation-spec bumpers...

R

Randi

Look when it gets cold come down for some good gumbo & between Zack & I I think we have 6 mgbgt's 1 mgb 2 midgets and Maggie-my husband Mr American musle is getting irritated with us!!! He hates LBC's!! Randi

Steve_S

Yoda
Start up a sponsorship drive. If you want to come to the next Monterey Historics, I will officially donate one full tank of fuel for the drive down the coast. Only 1500 miles of fuel remaining to purchase. Who's with me?