• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Nice surprise from a company

A

aerog

In recent years I've heard more and more people whine and complain about product rebates. Last year I invested a hefty stack of cash into some new camera equipment that had an equally hefty rebate attached to it - at the time it seemed like everyone was complaining that the rebates took too long, or weren't accepted, etc. I kind of look at it like a game: play it right and you usually win, don't dot your i-s or cross your t-s and you're out the cash.

Anyway - this is a nice change of pace I think: in July I bought a $25 computer item with a $10 rebate. I sent my photo copy of my receipt, the rebate form, and the UPC code from the box. First week of August I got an email and a postcard from the company telling me the UPC code was invalid - sure enough, I'd put the wrong one in (but I still had the packaging from the right box). They requested that I return the postcard with the right UPC...so I did. Today I got my $10.

The rebate said to expect 6-8 weeks for the check, and it took all of that even with the screw up. Gee - a company actually took the time and money to help get me my lousy $10. I would have preferred a $10 price cut in the first place, but this is ok! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Office Max has cut out (or is working hard on it) the whole mail in rebate crap because of customer complaints. Now most items they sell already have the savings set into the price.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mail in rebates are in my opinion a rip off.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Companies 'bank' on people not turning main-in rebates in.

Steve_S

Yoda
I never buy a product becuase of a mail-in rebate. Most make it incredibly difficult to get the rebate in hopes that people will give up. I did once on a $15 rebate and I've regretted it ever since.