• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I've decided...

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
...that weeknight concerts kick my butt!

Went to the CSNY concert last night. Phenomenal. But oooweee, there's not quite enough coffee in the world this morning. On my second 12-cup pot. Anyone got an IV handy?

Must
have
more
caffeine...

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Bites when you get older, doesn't it, Janel? hehehehe

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I don't know Tony. When I catch up with you, I'll let you know!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

I'm fine now, 8 cups of coffee since 6am and I'm ready to go!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
ttrrry ddrrinnking MMonssster enerrrgy!! Giddy upp!!!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
It isn't any easier for the musicians. We don't do more than 1 weeknight show a week anymore, we just can't handle the 4 hours of sleep anymore. We're not that old, either. I think that 5am has just gotten earlier!

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Ya, Stills was gasping for air on the last number.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hey, I hung up my trumpet several years ago just for that reason - long gigs, traveling to & from, setting up & tearing down, practices - got old as I got older...friend & his wife were at a party the other night & my old band was playing - they said it still sounded good but they missed my trumpet solo's

...&, Janel, I hope you're still able to run hard when you're 60!

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I don't intend to ever slow down. I'm going out the way I came in, kicking and screaming and raising (the really hot place down south)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miami? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
yeah. Miami.

We went to the Steely Dan event here a few weeks ago... a Thursday evening I think. I was "normal" again by Monday AM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Whoo Hoooo, Docs back. Welcome back Doc.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Doc's been gone?

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
They played that. And quite a few old ones, a few new ones, several off Neil Young's new CD. Second set was more like a jam session.

I was drinking coffee with my dad when I was probably 5 or 6 years old. Granted, mostly milk 4:1, but can't remember not drinking coffee.

Coffee is my favorite food.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'm always a quart low on coffee... and always tryin' to "top up" too. I take it unadulterated, and temperature is immaterial.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Whoo Hoooo, Docs back. Welcome back Doc.

[/ QUOTE ]

THX, Jack. I've been in-and-out. Busy with a client's new server install and a bunch of his LAN issues... changing DBMS and OS's. Mundane stuff but time consuming.