• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ready for Ernesto

hottvr

Jedi Warrior
Everybody in the path ready for rain? I'm all buttoned and ready for the downpours.
Rick

A

aerog

Uh huh. Last week I had almost an entire day of rain, storms started about 10 and were in and out until mid-afternoon. Light rain persisted throughout the day until late evening. That was the first real rain I'd had at the house in three weeks. I have a hunch it was more than I'll get from Ernesto but, we'll see.

On the other hand, it's fun to see the new-comers in the neighborhood boarding up and loading their cars for the big evacuation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

racing girl

Jedi Knight
I heard 10" of rain in Miami today, up to 6" in other parts as the storm moves over Florida. SOunds like it's nothing for you guys to worry about! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

Keep dry!

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Started raining yesterday afternoon - forcasted to continue & continue...Monday I'll be in Greenville, SC, then Augusta, GA, then Charleston, SC & Savannah, GA - hope the thing's gone by then!

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
Heck Tony,it looks like you'll be taking the same route as Ernesto. Thank goodness it has only brought a lot of rain,and not a lot of damaging winds.

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
Even though I really miss Florida rain, it's the hurricane season that almost makes me glad to be in Cali every now and then. Still, hope ya'll fare well out there.

R6MGS

Yoda
I'd rather deal with hurricanes than the cold up here....least hurricanes are a little exciting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yep, think I'll be doing the Ernsto route in reverse! Gotta go see Hap, David Maples, & Wray Lemke! & then just take Jerri to Savannah to relax.

V

vagt6

I've planned a trip to Nags Head from Saturday thru Wednesday. It now seems that the storm path will go right through Central VA, where we're having a horrible drought and could use the rain (without hurricane winds, please).

Thank goodness, the darn thing didn't nail the Gulf Coast again!

Anyway, I'm ignoring it and heading to the Outer Banks on Saturday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Hasn't really been much of a hurricane nor tornado season this year - oddly enough. And thankfully! I was nearly betting this season would've been worse than last years. I'm glad I was wrong. But it has the the hottest year on record so far.

Oh, and isn't Ernesto projected to go back into the atlantic, and then up the coast? I know it's back down to a tropical depression, but it could build strength after it over water again.

A

aerog

Ernesto was a huge bust here. The daily afternoon sea-breezes are about the same as what we got last night. It rained off and on all day (mostly off), then last night it opened up good for a few hours.

All things considered, we've given birth to nor'easters in the middle of winter that have been more eventful. Not complaining though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif