• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Crystal Cove Car Gathering

sideache

Jedi Knight
In SoCal, one can find an un-official (free) car show every Saturday at a variety of locations. One of my favorites is the Crystal Cove Car Gathering. Starts at about 6:30 AM and is finished by 9:00. Lots of car people just show up and show their cars. Some locations have hotrods, some have muscle cars, Crystal Cove is the mostly foreign car place. Different cars can be seen each week. Cars that range from 5k to 1.5 Mil. A couple of hundred cars show up and even more people. We get there early, have a cup of Joe, shoot the breeze and get home in time for hunny-do's. Beautiful day.

CC826_01.jpg

CC826_02.jpg

CC826_03.jpg

CC826_04.jpg

CC826_09.jpg

CC826_08.jpg

Isetta.jpg

CC826_10.jpg

CC826_11.jpg

CC826_12.jpg

Steve_S

Yoda
I've been to it once. There are an amazing amount of cars there, both new and old. There were even multiple brand new Lambos all in a row.

There is also a smaller version in Calabasas, in the far west corner of the San Fernando Valley. The meet is in the shopping center at Mulholland Drive and the 101 freeway. I've forgotten exactly when it is but I think it's the last Saturday of each month.

MoPho

Jedi Trainee
[ QUOTE ]

There is also a smaller version in Calabasas, in the far west corner of the San Fernando Valley. The meet is in the shopping center at Mulholland Drive and the 101 freeway. I've forgotten exactly when it is but I think it's the last Saturday of each month.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not smaller anymore, it's bigger than Crystal Cove. It's every Sunday 7-11am but the last Sunday of the month has the biggest turnout. I took the Lotus there a few weeks ago and there was at least 200 cars. Not quite as upscale as CC but a more eclectic mix of cars and far less snobby.

Here is the website www.supercarsunday.com

Steve_S

Yoda
Geez, I had no idea it had grown so big. I live three miles away and I've never even been to it. And I've lived in this area my whole life! I've only seen it driving by now and then in the past but it's been a long time since I've been by there on Sunday morning.

MoPho

Jedi Trainee
Perhaps I will see you over there then, I usually go on the last Sunday of the month if I am in town. Look for the blue Lotus Elan

What are the red and silver ones that look sortof maserati 5000gt-ish?

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
I was thinking the same Kenny.All in all a good set of photos,too bad it's so far away or we could go and look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
What are the red and silver ones that look sortof maserati 5000gt-ish?

[/ QUOTE ]Iso Rivolta

PC.

Ahhhh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Oh my, never heard of this, now I know. Sweet.

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
My first reaction was those are Iso's of some sort,didn't think Rivolta.Nice cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
I can't remember seeing two together in person before. Wonder if they have a club? I'll have to ask those two guys if I see them again.

Maybe they hangout online at BCF (Bizzarrini Cars Forum)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PC.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
I can't get excited about the modern cars but I'm impressed by the mix of real classics at these informal events. We don't get anywhere near that collection even at our biggest show in the state.

Our (supposedly) most successful weekly informal meet happens a few miles from my place on Thursday evenings and usually consists of about 15 vehicles, mostly trucks.

OP
sideache

sideache

Jedi Knight
I go to Crystal Cove about once a month. There are different cars there all the time. The fun thing is - there is just as many cool cars in the side parking lots that didn't get there in time to get a space. I always hear people say that Crystal Cove is snobby, but I have never experienced that - and I show up in my surf blue Mini. Can't wait to drive down with my Sprite when I get done.

There is another great car gathering at the Donut Shop in Huntington Beach. Mostly American cars - but lots of cool stuff. It is usually bigger than CC. It also happens every Saturday.