• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Great car to get started in .

Bugeye58

Yoda
I don't know where else to put this.
The car belongs to a friend, who is moving up. I know the car well, and it's a steal at this price. Please contact Mike directly if interested. Incidentally, there's an underscore between the k and the d in his address, It was originaly typed wrong.
Jeff

FOR SALE - 1977 Triumph TR7 ITB

- SCCA improved touring – 2.0L 5-speed
- Competitive - Many 1st places and podiums at Waterford Hills – fastest lap 1:21.3
- Has great potential to be faster, I was just having too much fun racing to take the time to do more fine tuning
- Custom rollcage that was designed to provide optimum structure and maximize driver space
- Koni adjustable front shocks
- Carerra adjustable rear shocks
- Ground control camber plates and adjustable spring perches
- Delrin suspension bushings
- Double front and rear sway bars
- Gauges – tach, volts, hours, oil and fuel pressure
- Porsche 944 radiator and electric fan
- 8 gal fuel cell - Fuelsafe
- RJS belts rewebbed 10/05
- 2 sets wheels - Hoosier 225/50/13 & never used Hoosier dirt stocker rain tires
- Performance Friction brake pads front, TSI rear pads
- Engine:
-- Engine currently needs rebuild
-- #1 cylinder has high blow-by to crankcase (rings?)
-- Head rebuilt for last race
-- Head and intake match ported 1” in
-- Exhaust header
- Trailer included
- Many spare parts:
-- spare engine parts from 5 engines
-- 5-speed transmission
-- Assorted suspension parts
-- Other assorted parts

Great potential for a small investment:
$2500
Panasport wheels available separately for $400

mjjk_deronne@hotmail.com

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
If a guy wanted a Wedgie racer, that is one good deal! Even with the blowby!

OP
B

Bugeye58

Yoda
Tony, Mike was running pretty good during the last race weekend, but then the blowby started to get bad, so he brought it in and parked it. I think it's a very good deal, and I'm quite familiar with the car.
Jeff

swift6

Yoda
That is a great deal. If I wouldn't have to also buy a tow vehicle I would be seriously considering that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
It would cost 2,500 to buy just the trailer and tranny...think of the car as a freeby extra. Wish I thought at my age (and with my present wife) I could learn the craft. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Matthew E. Herd

Jedi Warrior
yeah, if it's an open trailer in even passable condition, you can get $1250 (around here, anyway) for it at least ... Sounds like quite a steal.

RobSelina

Jedi Warrior
dang. If I thought the Jeep could make the trip I'd be on this thing. Dang I need a tow rig......

Taz

Jedi Trainee
Have tried to email him 2 times. Keeps sending it back saying
mailbox is unavaliable
Would like some pictures. Do not know to much about TR7s.

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
I have also had trouble trying to email. I am very interested in the car. I curently have a TR8 ITS car, and another in pieces awaiting a rebody. The ITB car would make my job alot easier. Most of the time consuming stuff is all ready done. Please post a new way to contact the seller.

D

Deleted member 3577

Hey Taz.....

Talked to the guy about the Pinto & Its still available.

He wants 2600.00 and will deliver to Pittsburgh for 400.00

Tony (954) 775-4443

Pinto or TR7??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif
IMG_3736Large.jpg

BeaveRun 20 Aug 06 (Turn #7)

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
Found the car on Grassroots Motorsports site for sale.($2006) It is in the 2006 challenge for sale section and has a link to some pics.

OP
B

Bugeye58

Yoda
Gang, I tried all day to get in touch with Mike, but no joy. His sister didn't have any luck either. I'm still working on it, and hope to hear from him tomorrow.
Sorry for the confusion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Jeff

Taz

Jedi Trainee
Would prefer the pinto. better parts ava. Looking at a couple of deals closer to home. Thanks for the info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

were the heck is (954)

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
Do you really think there are more parts available for the Pinto? I will have to disagree with you. TR7's are plentiful and cheap. I have cut up 20 plus parts cars over the years and never paid more than $300 for one. I just picked up a white 80 conv with a clean title and manageable rust for $200. A week from now it will be just a memory, and I'll have another load of parts to use up on the TR8 race car. TR8's are expensive and rare. TR7's are practically free, and a weeks worth of scouring Craig's list away. I can't remember the last time I even saw a Pinto! The only downfall to racing a TR is that there aren't many after market bolt ons. You have to be creative and be a good fabricator to go fast.

Taz

Jedi Trainee
The pinto motor has a huge aftermarket along with the suspension parts. I could not tell you the last time I saw a TR7 around here. What motor would be in the 7, is it common to other TR's. I like the car and would like to stay UK

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
The only other car that the TR7 motor came in was the early Saab 99.(long story not worth telling) The Stag has a V8 that is essentially two TR7 motos squished together. Things like eurethane bushings, sway bars, headers, shocks and springs are out there. Stuff like aluminum rads, shock tower braces, and alloy wheels are out there but are extra expensive with little selection. Things like cold air intakes, front air dams, short shift kits, and other bolt on ricer stuff don't exist unless you can one off fabricate them. I have spent alot of time fabricating crap for my race car that a VW or Honda guy can buy for short money. I would guess that my TR8 costs me much less to run in ITS than a BMW or RX7. Parts cars for those aren't cheap and neither are body panels. TR's are easy to find if your looking. You aren't going to see too many at the mall, but if you check the local swapper or Craigs list, you'll find them. When you get as many British cars as I have, they seem to find you! Even a BMW 2002 EP race car found me last year. I've been trying for over a year to get that thing to leave, but it just won't go! And I refuse to learn German, so I guess it's staying awhile longer.

D

Deleted member 3577

[ QUOTE ]
were the heck is (954)

[/ QUOTE ]
Miami......He is coming up to Georgia this month and will bring it that far for free.

So far as Pinto parts go......Really inexpensive & any hillbilly knows what a "2-3" is.

Sure I'd like to race a Brit. but, I don't think I'd have the heart to smash one......

And we are talking SMASH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif......(SCCA ain't Vintage)