• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spent the morning applying for jobs...

Filled out several applications today...

Customer service/counter person at a local dry cleaners - advertised pay was better than I'm getting right now

3 different Mecedes-Benz suppliers

Local Coal Mine - entry level Utility/Maintanence

Applied for the second time at Nucor Steel.

I hope one of them calls soon.
Anyone want to buy a 1995 Toyota 4Runner with a fresh top-end rebuild on the engine? If I don't get something better paying soon, It's gonna have to be the first thing to go - to eliminate the payment. $4900 or best offer. PM if interested.

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
I'm applying for an "International Student Services" position at a local community college.....

I wonder if knowledge of foreign (British) cars is a plus... didn't mention anything on the posting, hmm.

Everyone put out "Good Luck Job Searching" vibes for Kenny and I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif
JACK

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Sorry to hear Kenny.

My wishes are with both of you.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yuo guys are in our prayers!

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
best of luck to the both of you!

Steve_S

Yoda
Wish you were out here. I could probably get you a temporary job on a set until you fond something better. Best of luck in your job hunt!

D

Deleted member 3577

[ QUOTE ]
It's gonna have to be the first thing to go

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate my stupid truck also....

I only use it as a tow vehicle & spend more time in it than the Pinto.

(Together they aren't worth $4,900.00)

There is an idea......Forget about the job.....
Buy a POS race car & truck and blow the rest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

OP
kennypinkerton
Might work in 4 years when my house is paid for... but right now that's all I'm worried about.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Good luck to both of you. My wife and I have both spent time in the last 4 years looking for work, and there is really nothing about it that is good. You'll make it out, though, and it will be better on the other end. Lousy job is too much of a life drain, good on you for making the moves to a better deal. We'll keep you in our thoughts.