• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Jaybird.... MGODDESS???

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I just noticed that Jaybird has become an MGODDESS above her Avitar, whilst the rest of us have retained our normal titles.

What's with dat? Why is she the MG ODDEST? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Basil = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
[ QUOTE ]
Basil = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif of a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
What can I say but...

praise.gif

respect.gif

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
[ QUOTE ]
What can I say but...

praise.gif

respect.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

"Hallelujah" Way to go Janel!!!!

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Funny you should mention that. Which war exactly?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On our club website classifieds:

1953 MGTD
I am asking $25,000 as it is in excellent condition. It is a beautiful car that I adore but with an upcoming relocation it is not practical for me to keep her. I have more detailed photo’s if desired. Please contact Rick Franke at home 636-256-4966, or cell 314-302-3849, or email: rfranke@jastl.org

A bit rich for my budget, but a very, VERY good year!

And then there is this one...

1959 MGA
1959 MGA model 1500 British white with black interior and top. The speedometer works but the mileage does not record. Therefore I don't know how many miles are on the car. The car has it's original drive train and correct top and switchgear. I have the receipts for most of the items done to this car. I bought the car in 2000, the previous owner bought it from either his father or father in law. Between the two of us we have invested over $10,000 in parts and a little labor. We call her "Maggie". The car can be inspected in Carlinville,IL. For more info call 217-556-0414 or e-mail me at dpickrel@idcag.org Asking price is $12,500.

Both cars are pre-somewar. Hmmm, so are ALL our cars, including the Solara and Chuck's truck!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is she the MG ODDEST? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a second "S" not a "T".

Sacrilege....

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the way I read it James. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Janel:

"Pre war" cars are primarily MMM's and pre WWII. The three M's stand for Midget, Magna and Magnette.

Sorry, but a TC just doesn't classify as a "pre war" car in the general definition. Being the owner of a "pre war" MG, I can tell you that it is a totally diferrent beast then a TC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Patrick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
I never said anything about TCs being pre-war. They were made from 1946 through 1949 and are the post-war version of the last pre-war M.G., the TB.