• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Any Good Day Trips?

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
We’re not doing any long trips this year due to finances.

My older daughter got married last Sept and my younger is getting hitched in two weeks. Paying for two wedding in less than 12 months can be, well….about equal to buying a new Jag sedan for cash.

But anyway, I’m not complaining. We’ve been doing some nice “day trips”.

We went to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty last week.

And a while back we went to Washington’s Crossing National Park with my cousin visiting from the UK. My cousin was happy to hear that I had taken him to a Hessian defeat and not a British one. This is the place where George Washington snuck up on the Hessians (who were mostly inebriated due to their celebratory Christmas parties).

We also toured part of the grounds at Princeton University this summer.

And we’ve been to The Jersey Shore too, which is the best place on the planet in my view.

But for us, the knock-your-socks-off day-trip this year was ~The Grounds For Sculpture~. This place was put together by Seward Johnson (one of the “Johnson & Johnson” heirs). Wacky and great fun.

We’re going to Virginia Beach to see some relatives and we may sneak over to Williamsburg if we can (I’d really like to go to VIR too, but I don’t think we have time)..

So…….anyone else have any good day-trips?

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Lake Springfield to Lake Shelbyville is a good drive in central Il, despite the corn fields and absence of hills, did that last weekend with a Tom Jones 8 track to keep me company.
Looking forward to the Spoon River drive in October. Ends in Abingdon Illinois, about 200 miles there and back on two laners through the woods.
Jaybird, will you be doing this this fall?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Just made a run up to Clarksville, TN & then spent the rest of the day wandering back roads & tiny towns in middle Tennessee...stopped at several small marinas around Old Hickory Lake...some of those little towns are interesting.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
The big gas guzzling Dodge truck - loaded with new MG fiberglass body parts I got from chuck.

R6MGS

Yoda
In the Ontario area there isn't many to pick from...Took the Camaro out to Port Dover once, to pick up my white walls.....a very scenic ride to a great little beach town....Niagra falls is a good ride from where I am(little over 2 hours) wine country is right around there too, I planned on taking a cruise out there one day this summer my uncle owns 'iniskilin wines'(not sure if you yanks have it down there, but it's very popular here)so I'll drop in on him.
Not many other places to go around here...If you go north it's 'cottage country' so at this time even the boonies are over populated by Pontiac Montana's and bike racks.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
How far are you from DC? Tons of stuff there, such as the Smithstonian (which you could easily spend a week in). I took my son there with me on a business trip once and we spent a day riding all over the place on the Metro (and its cheap!)

Basil