• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hobbies

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Always curious about other peoples hobbies. Obviously we have our LBC's but what else is there. My wife and I are Civil War reenactors. I am the Chaplain with the 5th Ky CSA companies D,E&F. Got any other reenactors out there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I've dabbled in stamps & coins, woodworking, sculpture...but I always wanted to wrench. Really the only thing that set me free and keeps my attention is the cars. Kids keep me busy enough to limit me at this poiny yo lbc's. Workrd with a guy who was big into reenactments though.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Who has time for anything other than MG's?

D

Deleted member 3577

I used to be a drummer with the 13th Pennsylvania Bucktails.
(The south had better music)

In fact.....I used to have a bunch of hobbies.....

That is....Until I started racing.

Now my roof leaks
My socks have holes in em
And my cat left me

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I run a discussion forum for people inflicted with LBCitis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I also play piano and guitar and make-believe that I can sing. I collect dirty socks and belly button lint as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
Basil

there are other hobbies??

mark

53caddy

Country flag
Well I work at an antique mall. I collect beer steins, beer memorable, military (all time periods). And a lot of more stuff that I cant think of right now.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Well I work at an antique mall. I collect beer steins, beer memorable, military (all time periods). And a lot of more stuff that I cant think of right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've got a WWII jap bayonet with pig i'd like to sell. Any tips on pricing it?

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
My wife and I are Civil War reenactors. I am the Chaplain with the 5th Ky CSA companies D,E&F.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did yall get to come down to Tupelo for the Confederate reburial? I had to work but I would have like to have seen it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Tupelo, Mississippi - home of one of the best car museums in the country! Worth driving from wherever to visit it - more than once!

I just starting collecting interesting 2 seat convertible cars (2 or 3 years ago - and on a low income budget)... But I also, on occasion, build, and fly radio controlled aircraft, radio controlled monster trucks, build the odd mechanical thing to do some obcsure job that I'd rather not do... I also woodwork (quite good at it actually, and I prefer the more advanced stuff like inlaying, and scrollwork). I am interested in, and have built Tesla coils, electromagnetic devices, High voltage antigravity machines (yes they exist), nuclear technologies, Lasers, Masers, and a whole miriad of other off the wall technologies that can be explored in a home lab type of environment. But I'm very cash limited, so I usualy learn what I can, and then move on to the next study.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Hmm... let's see I cave in and drag home all sorts of nearly free vehicles (usually worth about what I paid). When I'm not obsessed with that, I like to build models. Cars (static), planes (static), boats (Both static and RC), and HO scale trains.But that's usually in the winter when I'm stuck inside
I also play Guitar, mandolin, Mountian Dulcimer, and, oh yea, Banjo. Mostley Bluegrass music (if you haven't guessed)
And my biggest outlet for that music is Living history camping. We re-enact the fur trade era. Pre 1840, mountian men. As a matter of fact our clubs summer Rondezvous (campout) is next weekend. I'll try to get some pics and post them.
Intrestingly enough, Our version of living history is the only non- military outfit. I like being able to get away from everything modern for a short time. A camp of several hundred people, all using candles at night, and no unnatural noises (I.E. radios) is a really neat experience, as any reenactor can tell you.

Hey Banjo.... I'll swap you - a 1/24 scale 1953 corvette, a model 1969 Ford Musang, and a Johan chrysler turbine... All new in the box for the Jag sedan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

I also have a Level 3 Nascar model, and a 1940 ford model that might be partially done - that you can have too.

R6MGS

Yoda
Been pretty deep into cars since I was 14....But I have a few other neglected hobbies. Building RC planes, building models, collecting antique furniture and artwork, gardening, and collecting as much old car related memrobilia as I can get my hands on.....Although recently all those hobbies have been neglected due to maintence of hobby number 1!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I collect - British Cars,plastic car & truck models-
- have many (unbuilt) from the '60's & early '70's.
Volunteer Firefighter,Color slides (my Dad gave me 100's-
- from the '40's,'50,& '60's),old ('60's & '70's) car -
- magazines & books.
I've also gotten into collecting memorbilia from the local ('56 & '57) Road races at McKinleyville,Ca.

- Doug

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
21 year pianist
trumpet
bass
woodworking: current projects
building solid body, neck-through electric bass
rebuilding antique rocking chair
:future project- acoustic stringed instruments
chainsaw carving
balsa airplane building (the BIG ones, currently a P-38 with a two foot wingspan)
scale model building
(I would like to build a scale ship)
mosaics
cycling
flatland BMX
snowboarding

I think I had a lot more too at one point but there's only time for so much stuff before other things get pushed aside!

JACK

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I like to SCUBA, I have a bunch of kids, so I usually take one, or two at a time. Or, my wife lies on the beach while we explore underwater. Been to some cool places.

I also lead an LDS congregation, (Bishop) not a hobby, but it consumes lots of time each week. Very satisfying. (Sorry to mention religion.)

My work takes me all over New England and New York, mostly driving (40k miles a year) and some flying, and I get to poke around some out of the way places, I take some of the kids and we get to see some pretty cool stuff, lot's of classic cars in the summer and lot’s of history too.

Done bunches of genealogy (an LDS thing) have some of my ancestors back to 1300's, even one back to the 900's!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Banjo.... I'll swap you - a 1/24 scale 1953 corvette, a model 1969 Ford Musang, and a Johan chrysler turbine... All new in the box for the Jag sedan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

I also have a Level 3 Nascar model, and a 1940 ford model that might be partially done - that you can have too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm let me think, no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif
hehehehe. I've got the Monogram 53 Vette. The latest version that came with Carrara Panamericana decals even. And the Monogram 69 Mustang. The JoHan Turbine is tempting. I've always wanted that. But I think I'll stick with the Jag for now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Good try.
Most of the models I've bought recently have been Vintage race cars. Mercedes Benz 300 SLR, Corvette GrandSport, Ford GT40, Ferrari GTO, and stuff like that.