• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Favorite Road Signs

In the spirit of the Favorite roads post i thought i might try to kick this one off. This one is about a mile from my home and runs over the hill(s) to Wallingford Vt. It is a nice twisty with a creek that runs along it.

mark

233284-roadsignA1.jpg

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
nice pic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
That's one BIG dog! does he wear a shoulder belt?

OP
SilentUnicorn
Duke Stats: 100#, 27" at the shoulder, and tip of his nose to the base of his tail is about 3 foot. One big Dog. Loves to ride, and i dont have to worry about my car at all when he is sitting in it.

mark

What bumper is that on the rear????? - I don't think I've ever seen one straight like that.

Duh, nevermind... I was thinking MGB.

Steve_S

Yoda
I passed a sign a few days ago just like that only it said "next 75 miles". I wanted to stop and take a picture but didn't.

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
and i dont have to worry about my car at all when he is sitting in it.

mark

[/ QUOTE ]

That I don't doubt. Does he consider it his car?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
You'd never need AAA with a dog like that...he could pull that car home!

Anyway, this all reminds me of my avataar.

I have a bunch of funny road sign pictures (mostly from Road & Track) on a bulletin board outside my office.
It's been a big hit in our place for years.

You can find more here. (Some samples below...scroll down))
https://images.google.com/images?hl=en&am...sa=N&tab=wi
underwater.gif

ad_42145n.jpg

Image35.jpg

Bugeye58

Yoda
I saw one on the Pacific Coast Highway a few years ago that said "Parking On Shoulder For Emergencies Only. Whale Watching Is Not An Emergency. Keep Driving."
Or, another California sign: "Next 17 Miles. Steep Grade, Winding Road, Switchbacks. Good Luck."
But, the sign I would really <u>love</u> to see somewhere: "One Way. Winding Road. No vehicle allowed above 2000 LB. GVW. Enjoy!"
Sadly, I don't think I'll ever see that one.
Jeff

racing girl

Jedi Knight
I still like the one that I saw in the first year I was in Michigan.... driving around, couple of hours North of Detroit... out in the country...

"Do not pass when opposing traffic is present".

Really! I never knew that, thanks for telling me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I like the one in Montana that said (under Speed Limit -
- "Safe & Prudent".
We went from Washington to Montana.
Washington speed limit - 65 MPH
Idaho speed limit - 75 MPH

- Doug

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Oh man, where is that? I need to take my TC up there! LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Schofield Pass in Colorado. It's an 123 year old wagon trail between Marble and Crested butte. Very fun road with insane scenery. It's actually not that bad of a drive but its very narrow and its killed a bunch of people over the last 30 years.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
its killed a bunch of people over the last 30 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, roads don't kill people - people kill people!

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
Nah... Darwin is the process of evolution... only the fittest survive and all that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hmmmmmm... now that I think about it, Darwin may have had some small part to play on this trail.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif