• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Outfits and Monkees

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Some nice vintage race pictures from my friends at the VRG driver's school at NHIS last weekend. A number of classic "outfits" (complete with "monkee") plus regular classic bikes.
Go to this page and click "next page" to see more.
https://www.at-speed.com/galleries/vintage/2006/05-21-06/index11.html

Outfit
IMG_4305.intermediate.jpg

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
[ QUOTE ]
Those sidecar riders are just plain nuts!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I don't know? I'm pretty sure that they are just regular folks......but with Kevlar underpants! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

DSC_14186e.jpg

Out for a ride in the family hack.
DSC_14015e.jpg

More pictures (under the NHIS links)

https://www.dougfraser.com/photography.html

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Is that his wife hanging out over the side of the sled?

I love watching those race on the Isle of Man. Been a while since I've seen em on tv though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif The youngin with the red helmet seems to be enjoying it a lot better than sister though - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
A couple of guys have just been killed on the Isle of Man in practice for the TT races. Both middle-aged family men.

"A sidecar racer and passenger have been killed in a practice race for the Pre-TT Classic Road Races on the Isle of Man.
Tony Smith, of Istead Rise, Kent and passenger Barry Pepperrell, of Carshalton, Surrey, crashed at Iron Gate on the Billown Course.

Mr Smith 44, leaves a wife, Kim, and two children, while Mr Pepperrell 55, leaves a partner, Kathy.

The Coroner of Inquests was informed and race organisers are investigating.

Race organisers later announced that another sidecar passenger, James Cornell, was in a critical condition after suffering multiple injuries.

His driver Doug Dano was described as comfortable.

A marshal, Keith Trubshawe, was also taken to hospital after his motorcycle skidded on oil, and his condition was described as serious but stable."

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Yeah, the Isle of Man TT races, as seen on TV look both scary and amazing.
I will get there some day.
My cousin was just in the IOM and he said the local roads that are used are even more terrifying in person.

Link to IOM TT races:
https://www.iomtt.com

Recent IOM pics
001092.jpg

001198.jpg

Sorry Tony, I have no exact info on the folks in the NHIS pics, but husband/wife teams are popular with the vintage sidecar crowd.