• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is....

G

the plural of Lotus? We had 2 at our show yesterday and couldn't figure it out. I voted for Louti
savewave.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
Chuck, I've always referred to the plural as "Loti."
It seems to be the most common one I've heard used.
Now, if I was only lucky enough to be able to own a couple!
Jeff

Brent P

Freshman Member
I think that you should refer to them as a 'gaggle' of Lotus, or a pride of Lotus, something similar to the animal kingdom. Just my .02

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
I’ve always been told that the plural is Loti.

They never mentioned what a group would be called. Perhaps since a Lotus is a flower a group might a bouquet of Loti or, less formally, a bunch of Loti.

PC.

how about a lot of lotuses?
thirsty.gif

DB6

Jedi Hopeful
I would say lotuses also...
cheers.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
1 Lotus, 2 Lotus, 10 Lotus...its all Lotus's to me!

Wonder if Colin Chapman was a lotus-eater & hence lived in drugged indolence pondering the plural status of his creation?

[ 09-22-2003: Message edited by: tony barnhill ]</p>

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aeronca65t:
...and then, what's the plural of "Hillman"?
Is it "Hillmen"?
<hr></blockquote>

If the whiney, bleeding-hearts crowd gets a hold of it, it will be Hillpersons.
crazyeyes.gif

PC.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
So, then, is it politically correct to continue calling those size-challenged cars "Mini's"?

Mark Beiser

Jedi Warrior
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tony barnhill:
So, then, is it politically correct to continue calling those size-challenged cars "Mini's"?<hr></blockquote>

Spatially conservative?
wink.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
lol.gif
BMW proudly presents the 2004 Spatially Conservative Cooper S.....

TypeRboy

Jedi Warrior
Any more than one Lotus is just Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious..
driving.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
You guys should come down to Huntsville & see my friend Andy's collection - 6 or 7 Lotus' (can't keep count, he's always buying more), 2 Jensen Healey's, a GT6, 3 MG's & a Miata

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tony barnhill:
So, then, is it politically correct to continue calling those size-challenged cars "Mini's"?<hr></blockquote>

I actually had someone comment to me one time that the name of my car (a Midget, at the time) was "in bad taste". Seriously.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
PC - there are a few 'weeds' growing around here!

Aero... - pretty soon it'll be impossible to communicate with one another because of political correctness!