• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What do you see?

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
1610361556039-png.1731905

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
So THAT'S where my ratchet went!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
HaHAHAAAA!!!

A good friend with a shop has populated a toolbox with "found" tools like that. Calls them his "cow tools." Amazing what can be discovered from working on vehicles for years.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My daughters car was recently picked up from the body shop. When she got it home, I opened the hood to look inside and found a telescoping magnetic retriever stuck to the inner fender. I took it back and said "is someone missing this?"
They were glad to have it back.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Funny, I think most of my tools are in someone else’s tool box.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
At least it's not a snap on ratchet or something like that. But then again, youd get the warranty from the truck.

OP
M

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
If it is Craftsman, you might be able to get a replacement.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
A couple of years ago I bought a new Mercedes suv and had it serviced by the dealership. After I brought it home I got a call from the service manager telling me that the guy that had worked on it wasn’t sure if he had changed the air filter. He asked me if I could bring it right back so that they could check. Since it’s a hour round trip I said I don’t think so. He then asked if he could have a tech come to my house that evening and check.

When the tech showed up he was very reluctant to have me come out into the driveway and see what he was doing. It was raining but I went anyway. He immediately reached into the engine compartment and pulled out a shop towel. He then checked the filter and even though it was new he changed it. While he was doing that I looked down and spotted a water bottle. He finally came clean and told me the truth. The air filter was only a ruse to get him under the hood so that I wouldn’t know that the guy that serviced my car had left a couple of things behind.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Yesterday I was going through a tub of Vauxhall parts, on the back of a reverse light was a 1/4 inch drive socket, might have been mine but I don't think so.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
A couple of years ago I bought a new Mercedes suv and had it serviced by the dealership. After I brought it home I got a call from the service manager telling me that the guy that had worked on it wasn’t sure if he had changed the air filter. He asked me if I could bring it right back so that they could check. Since it’s a hour round trip I said I don’t think so. He then asked if he could have a tech come to my house that evening and check.

When the tech showed up he was very reluctant to have me come out into the driveway and see what he was doing. It was raining but I went anyway. He immediately reached into the engine compartment and pulled out a shop towel. He then checked the filter and even though it was new he changed it. While he was doing that I looked down and spotted a water bottle. He finally came clean and told me the truth. The air filter was only a ruse to get him under the hood so that I wouldn’t know that the guy that serviced my car had left a couple of things behind.

Kudos for the dealership wanting to make things right, if not come clean!

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
That wrench on the back side of the wheel was one of Shelby’s quick change calipers.

Country flag
Somewhere in the universe is a toolbox overflowing with 10mm sockets!!! :D

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Somewhere in the universe is a toolbox overflowing with 10mm sockets!!! :D

Peter, I'd say look no further than anarchy nine-nine's shop! :eagerness:

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
While I was installing a machine a few years ago the guy helping me with the leveling feet used his handy retching ring spanner. He got the bolt run down but found he could not get the spanner out as it did not have a reversing lever. It had to be flipped over to go the other direction. The spanner is still part of the machine.

I should have got a photo of it.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
While I was installing a machine a few years ago the guy helping me with the leveling feet used his handy retching ring spanner. He got the bolt run down but found he could not get the spanner out as it did not have a reversing lever. It had to be flipped over to go the other direction. The spanner is still part of the machine.

I should have got a photo of it.

David

Miscalculation on his part!

think2.jpg