• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ARKANSAS MG..New Member

Arkansas MG

Freshman Member
Country flag
Not sure if I am doing this right but. Have been racing (SCCA) British cars since the 70s. Have gone through two Austin Healey Bug Eyes, a Triumph Spitfire, two Jags, a Triumph TR-3, 64 Corvette, five Porsche 911s and now I keep a 52 MGTD together. Do most of my own work ruin my own parts all this between being a commercial insurance agent. No more racing now, just trips to the Sonic and entering car shows on pretty days. I hope to share some experiences and gain some information from others.

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Arkansas MG

Welcome to the forum.

You will get plenty of tips and advice for your MGTD in the MG section. The Pub is an area of the forum where almost anything comes up for disussion.

David

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Welcome Ark MG. I am just down the road from you.

OP
A

Arkansas MG

Freshman Member
Country flag
Well hello neighbor. Hope this forum will help me not break so many parts in the future. This 52 MGTD is the oldest British auto I have had. Oldest car period was the one in high school.... 1934 Ford Pick Up.... hot rod. but I survived that as well as a Harley. I too had a TR3 it was a really fun car to drive. Not too nimble but a great ride. All the best... Arkansas MG

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 61
  • MGTDGARAGE.jpg
    MGTDGARAGE.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 59

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Nice car, that’s what I would want in a MG.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! I'm curious,just how do you drive with that thing
on your hood? I'd think that'd be distracting.

OP
A

Arkansas MG

Freshman Member
Country flag
LOL.... no it was set there after returning from a car show. I got second to a really really good looking XKE Jag. But just wait till next time. Although with the virus having broken out, the car shows have all been canceled. Now only go to grocery store, drug store and liquor store. Well and of course the auto parts store.

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Welcome fellow Arkansan. I've been a member on the forum for several years, but have only recently become active again after a 10-year hiatus. Nice looking MG.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hey Kurtis, did I once stop and visit with you once when I was driving to Huntsville? Am I misremembering?

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hey Kurtis, did I once stop and visit with you once when I was driving to Huntsville? Am I misremembering?

Yes you did Basil. That was over ten years ago. I was living in Russellville at the time. I've recently moved about 40 miles east down I-40 to Conway. If you're ever through the area again, let me know.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Yes you did Basil. That was over ten years ago. I was living in Russellville at the time. I've recently moved about 40 miles east down I-40 to Conway. If you're ever through the area again, let me know.

Are you sure? I thought it was just last week :excitement:. Wow, time flies!

OP
A

Arkansas MG

Freshman Member
Country flag
thanks .. yes MGs and all that goes with them... never not found (is that correct English) the need to fix something. I can never leave well enough alone, so putter around on it all the time. As you can tell from my intro. I have played with a lot of English and German car toys over the years. All the best..