• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member, but Old Morgan!

Dadmog

Freshman Member
Hi! Longtime owner of British cars, but been driving a 68 Morgan 4/4 for 33 years. Prior to that, Triumph TR3 and TR6. Cortina, and random Fiats, Mazdas, VW's.... Also a big fan of all old cars, having grown up in the Detroit area, with years of attending shows, concours, etc. In Dallas now.
Always fettling something or other, but currently contemplating installation of Pertronix Ignitor II distributor I bought recently. (Still need to get the 0.6 ohm coil, though) Of course, my point distributor is behaving now after a rebuild -I kept eating condensers-and I know I won't be able to do roadside fixes on the Pert like I can with points. Still, heard so many rave reviews, and a few 'don't touch these', so still pondering. I'm glad to be able to belong to this forum, and looking forward to hours of reading pleasure!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF, Dadmog! Would love to see some pictures of your Morgan (I've always loved the old-world look of Morgans!)

By the way, I see you're in Plano! If the stars all align and things work out as currently scheduled, I will be in Plano this coming Friday and Saturday (23rd/ 24th) to pick up a new car I ordered from a Dealer there (got much better deal than I could get locally in Albuquerque). This all hinges on the car actually getting delivered to the dealer on Friday as currently scheduled. Fingers crossed.

Basil

OP
D

Dadmog

Freshman Member
Welcome to BCF, Dadmog! Would love to see some pictures of your Morgan (I've always loved the old-world look of Morgans!)

By the way, I see you're in Plano! If the stars all align and things work out as currently scheduled, I will be in Plano this coming Friday and Saturday (23rd/ 24th) to pick up a new car I ordered from a Dealer there (got much better deal than I could get locally in Albuquerque). This all hinges on the car actually getting delivered to the dealer on Friday as currently scheduled. Fingers crossed.

Basil
Good luck, Basil! I know it's a very competitive market here. I'll see if I can scrounge up some pictures of the Morgan. (It's BRG with black interior and silver painted wire wheels. I'm a traditionalist, and I imprinted on that color scheme because that's the color I always saw as a kid.)

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Dadmog

Welcome to the forum.

Have to get Basil to start a Morgan section.

Looking forward to seeing the photos of the Morgan.

David