• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

At Least I Didn't Hit any Cars,or Utility Lines.....

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
But I got the tree down,and I don't
have to worry about hitting the fence anymore.

002.JPG003.JPG

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
My wife tells me now to hire tree cutters. Our ability to aim is limited. I watched the professionals hit a spot within 6 inches on a 60 foot tree. The guy put a piece of wood by my sprinkler and then proceeded to hit it.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Surely part of the plan was/is to install a new gate there. :cool:

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Doug, bummer. This is 6 of 8 trees we lost in the storm. Tree guy was going to climb it but saw the rest of the work to do and said screw it, block the street this is coming down now. Note the notch in the tree indicating direction of fall.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
My tree man took down my ash tree, limb by limb. Then, he had a 25' stump left. Now this is between 2 fences approximately 10' apart, within 20' of a 50' oak. The oak is centered between the fences with about 2 1/2' on each side. There is my garage 6' from my fence and the neighbors house behind me is 25' foot from the stump. He laid this thing down between the oak and my fence with absolutely no damage to anything. I have used him for a few years and sadly he retired this year. He never used machinery, just climbed.