• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

September 11, 2001

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Where were you on the morning the horrors occurred? I was in my office at UConn, and watched campus TV showing the events as they happened.

lights.jpg

In memory, and in honor.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Was sitting on the couch at a shooting academy in Memphis, TN... woke up to watch the second plane hit. We delayed training the rest of the day. Training on September 12th had a whole new purpose.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
At home. First reports were "a small aircraft"... as soon as I saw the hole, told Mitsy we were under terrorist attack. She was insistent she was going to work, I was trying to convince her not to go, she went anyway. Called home after the Pentagon strike, in tears and saying she was on her way back. I kept waiting to hear bad news from the west coast as well.

Hateful day.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was at work. Got a call from a colleague who told me a “small plane” hit the trade center. I told him it was impossible for a “small plane” to be flying over the Manhattan airspace.
Because I had a customer in the trade center I used to be in the building quite often. On that day I was lucky to be in my office.

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I remember where I was that day. What bugs me though, is how little patriotism means today. When I was a kid and read the comics on days like Memorial Day and Veteran's day, the cartoonist would always mention the vent. No more.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Was on the golf course. Perfect September day - not a cloud in the sky. Strange - no planes in the air except for a couple of helicopters. One member of our foursome quit at the 9th hole to go sit with his wife who was hysterical. My take was that there was absolutely nothing that we could do now and just finish the round. To quit meant the terrorists would have won.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Was on the golf course. Perfect September day - not a cloud in the sky. Strange - no planes in the air except for a couple of helicopters. One member of our foursome quit at the 9th hole to go sit with his wife who was hysterical. My take was that there was absolutely nothing that we could do now and just finish the round. To quit meant the terrorists would have won.

MIss912.jpg

Country flag
Sitting at my desk and listening to a conf call. While listening I was checking the news online. When the story came up, messaged a friend to check the news feed. She though it was just an unfortunate accident, I didn't see how it could be since it was so clear that morning in NYC. Knew for sure it was no accident when the report came up of the second one.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Was sitting at the dealer waiting to pick up my mom's new Buick watched it unfold on the TV in the waiting room, everyone just kinda stopped what they were doing and watched. Looking back on it it was surreal. Completely unrelated but something I always thought of as oddly coincidental; the previous Buick we had owned was purchased in Dallas on 11/22/1963.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Walt - that is an incredible coincidence. I wonder what thoughts were going through your mind, that day in 1963.

Tom M.

I'm going to pass up the inappropriate pun this time out of respect to the President but, in short, nothing. I was still seventeen years away from being.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Great play.... saw it on Broadway last year.

SWMBO has a colleague who was one of the plane people in Gander. Quite an amazing story.

And have seen Come From Away twice - cried through a good portion both times.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
SWMBO has a colleague who was one of the plane people in Gander. Quite an amazing story.

And have seen Come From Away twice - cried through a good portion both times.
Great show and lessons learned that proves we can all coexist.