• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member from TN

titanfan10

Bronze
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Like the title says, I am from TN, about 15 miles south of Nashville. Lived in Nashville first 50 yrs. of my life, bought house in Spring Hill TN on 50th birthday in 2005. I have loved British cars since I was young. Parents bought me a 71 Spitfire for graduation. I had ordered a new 73 TR6 but they started shipping 74s and they were $500 higher. That was a lot of money to an 18 yr. old so I cancelled that and bought a 63 TR4. My Dad took the spitfire and drove it for a few years till the TR4 had stopped running and me and my (robbed from the cradle) wife needed another car, he gave it back to me. I thought it was cool of him to drive it a few years. I thought he was old then but he was about 15 yrs. younger than I am now. While I owned the Spitfire there were friends that lived in my neighborhood who also had British cars ( TR6, MGB, MGB-GT, GT-6) so you can see why I fell for the British cars. I have always wanted a TR6 so now that I am retired, I have kinda started looking for one. Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Titanfan10

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Howdy from Townsend!

:cheers:
Mickey

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Retired here 6 years ago and love it! Though we tend to stay away from the crowds in G'burg/Pigeon Forge. Let me know next time you're over this way.

Mickey

OP
T

titanfan10

Bronze
Country flag
Retired 3 yrs ago next Tuesday from the Nissan plant in Smyrna, TN. (32 1/2 years). Maybe contact next time over that way and hopefully have a TR6 by then.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I'm thinking of putting my '71 TR6 up for sale but only to someone who'll give it a good home. I've owned it for 22 years. Send me a PM and we can talk.

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
TF10,
My son has a 73 Pimento TR6 that he is about to list for sale. He has owned he car for 17yrs. Ironically, it lived in Nashville just off south 12th, from about 2010 until 2018 and now resides in State College PA. PM me if you want to talk to him about it. He still has the open trailer he used to move the car.
Good luck looking for your car, if I see anything around Birmingham, I'll pass it on.