• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Well THIS was disappointing!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Th' Mits went to leave for a store run yesterday eve and instead I first had to chane out the right front tire...

Dang-near dead center. Since this is a front-dragger, not going to plug or patch. New tire time.

puncture1.JPG

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hate when that happens! Looks like maybe a Torx screw...?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Are you perhaps missing a screw from your work bench? :rolleye:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
John's right, it will be two new tires.

Paul said:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Gliderman8
Are you perhaps missing a screw from your work bench? :rolleye:

Doc missing a screw mmmppphhh!!! <snork>

naaaah. Not missin'... Just a little loose is all.

anarchy99 said:
You found my screw?!

Not exactly...

chase.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Coming back to topic, last December we were driving back from Florida and as we got onto I-79 from Hwy 19 in West Virginia we started getting ridiculous road noise - OK sometimes the road surface and winter tires react, but didn't go away. Probably took a month - checked bearings, alignment, etc etc before mechanic found the bolt in the tire. Still not sure how he missed it as he is very thorough - but it was big enough to make that much noise and we probably put near 1000 miles on the car with no air pressure loss. Still seems odd.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Now that IS odd, JP. Not 'self-sealing' tires? Was there the "entry wound" evidence? Very strange. Shoulda made a "click" at every tire rotation evident at low speed, methinks.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Hate when that happens! Looks like maybe a Torx screw...?

Nope. A machine screw with a shoulder and Allen head. Looks like one from a piece of furniture like Ikea stuff.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I had a flat tire last week while biking on a trail. Was about 11 miles from my car. I carry a spare tube and a pump so all was good.

JP- I just pitch them over the plate and you hit them out :encouragement:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Now that IS odd, JP. Not 'self-sealing' tires? Was there the "entry wound" evidence? Very strange. Shoulda made a "click" at every tire rotation evident at low speed, methinks.

never actually saw the damage - but it didn't wreck the tire. (Snow tire so thicker and harder) It did make a click but it was odd. Also one of those times where (I think) the owner didn't listen as well as he should have - assuming he knew - which is actually most unlike him.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I had a flat tire last week while biking on a trail. Was about 11 miles from my car. I carry a spare tube and a pump so all was good.

JP- I just pitch them over the plate and you hit them out :encouragement:

I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress. :thumbsup: