• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

GT6 Opinions on centre console

Stevo

Freshman Member
Interested to hear from those that have installed a centre console in their car. There are essentially two available (that I can find) both from the states, Clark and Clark, and triumph consoles. Do they improve comfort on a long drive, are they a problem when changing gears? Any opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks

UltimateQuestion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I have never actually seen one. I looked at the Triumph Consoles LLC website and it is seems to be a repro of an old AMCO accessory item.

Rod-H

Bronze
Country flag
Stevo is this for your GT6? If I remember my GT6 correctly, center console was comprised of the seat bolsters for the inside of the seats and the handbrake with a cover over it. Could you post a picture of what your doing.

Rod

OP
S

Stevo

Freshman Member
Stevo is this for your GT6? If I remember my GT6 correctly, center console was comprised of the seat bolsters for the inside of the seats and the handbrake with a cover over it. Could you post a picture of what your doing.

Rod

Rod,
Thanks for your reply...no. the TR6 bit is a mistake...must have hit the wrong button, its actually for my TR6!

macilona

Country flag
I purchased the Clark and Clark console. Has a lightweight plastic shell. Nice snug, tight fit between the seats, but keeps the lid from full opening....so not as convenient as modern cars. It does add a bit of comfort to rest your arm, and no issues at all with changing gears or operating the hand brake. I did mount a fold-out cupholder on the passenger side, so no need to put any holes in the car panels....gotta have that!

OP
S

Stevo

Freshman Member
I purchased the Clark and Clark console. Has a lightweight plastic shell. Nice snug, tight fit between the seats, but keeps the lid from full opening....so not as convenient as modern cars. It does add a bit of comfort to rest your arm, and no issues at all with changing gears or operating the hand brake. I did mount a fold-out cupholder on the passenger side, so no need to put any holes in the car panels....gotta have that!

Thanks very much, appreciate the feedback..now just gotta get one from the states...at a massive cost! Cheers

OP
S

Stevo

Freshman Member

Any problems accessing the snug fitting seat belt clasp with the console installed? I assume you attached the console to the carpet with Velcro?

macilona

Country flag
The seat belt clasp still works well. No velcro.....the seat bolsters hold the console in place with no movement. When i first got it, it looked too big to fit between the seats, but the plastic sides are flexible, and with some careful pushing and spreading of the bolsters, i got it down on the tunnel......it does not move!

OP
S

Stevo

Freshman Member
The seat belt clasp still works well. No velcro.....the seat bolsters hold the console in place with no movement. When i first got it, it looked too big to fit between the seats, but the plastic sides are flexible, and with some careful pushing and spreading of the bolsters, i got it down on the tunnel......it does not move!

Cheers, appreciate all the info