• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Monkey Business

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
[FONT=&quot] A tourist walked into a pet shop and was looking at the animals on display. While he was there, another customer walked in and said to the shopkeeper, "I'll have an AutoCAD monkey please." The shopkeeper nodded, went over to a cage at the side of the shop and took out a monkey. He fitted a collar and leash, handed it to the customer, saying, "That'll be $5000." The customer paid and walked out with his monkey.

Startled, the tourist went over to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey. Most of them are only few hundred dollars. Why did that one cost so much?" The Shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that monkey can draw in AutoCAD - very fast, clear layouts, no mistakes, well worth the money." The tourist looked at a monkey in another cage. "That one's even more expensive! $10,000! What does it do?" "Oh, that one's a engineer monkey; it can design systems, layout projects, mark-up drawings, write specifications, some even calculate. All the really useful stuff," said the shopkeeper.

The tourist looked around for a little longer and saw a third monkey in its own cage. The price tag around its neck read $50,000. He gasped to the shopkeeper, "That one costs more than all the others put together! What on earth does it do?" The shopkeeper replied, "Well, I haven't actually seen it do anything, but it says it's a Project Manager."[/FONT]

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:highly_amused:

Tom, I've never seen the thanks in the humor section.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I guess being funny is a thankless job. :frown-new:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I told a similar story at a stockholders meeting of a local bank that was in trouble for investing in real estate. (It later failed). Doctor tells patient bad news. He has a brain tumor. But good news - he can do a brain transplant. $20K brain...belonged to a doctor with 130 IQ. ...$50K brain - Supreme Court Justice with 165 IQ. Patient sees brain on top shelf - $100K tag. "What about that brain?" "It belonged to a banker." Why so expensive?" "It was never used". Place erupted with laughter and a recess was called. Mike V., a local builder, came up to me and told me he was about to lose $600K but that story was worth it. Me? I lost 100 shares. The bank president later went to jail.

Country flag
<---- is an "autoCAD monkey" and an engineer. Gee thanks Doc, methinks perhaps I must unfriend thee! LOL :D