• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

shxt. just shxt. I hate this

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

Terrible when stuff like that happens. I was walking to my car through a Home Depot parking lot a couple years ago when a lady in a "Forrest Service" pickup truck struck a man who was walking to his car one isle over from where I was walking. The man wasn't killed but did require being transported in an ambulance. I tend to drive though parking lots with a healthy degree of paranoia. You just never know when someone is going to pop in front of (or behind) your car from out of nowhere.

What is the signifigance of the picture of the train tracks?

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

I don't know. I just re-loaded it and it's fine, I think. News report.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
You just never know when someone is going to pop in front of (or behind) your car from out of nowhere.
Seems like it happens to me every time I drop it in reverse. Sometimes multiple times!

FWIW, I also get the model train track. O-scale I think :smile:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Little folks often run whenever they see an open space. Sometimes parents let go of their kids' hands when they load/unload the car. I always worry when I'm driving down a street with cars parked along the curb. Kids can run out between the cars and there's no warning. So sad.

In TOC's first post, just copy the link text itself and delete the embedded staticflickr reference. For some reason the html text for 13Fox News refers to a completely unrelated jpg on staticflickr.

Tom M.

Country flag
I always try to be careful in parking lots and streets. As noted, younger kids can dart out anywhere, they're sort of like puppies, completely in the now and not aware of the potential consequences. But I also see a lot of folks who seem to think the idea of a parking lot is to get in and out as quickly as possible, not stopping at row intersections, cutting through and much more. Want to grab them by the ears, shake their heads and say "parking lot, not a racetrack"

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Tragic situation for all involved.

I am long past dealing with children of that age but I would think the ideal order would be put the child in the car first then get the groceries, texts messages etc. The reverse for arriving at the store. Child out last.
Of course the child may have just taken off suddenly. We use to see young kids with leashes in the UK so there was some sort of restraint/control over their random dashing in dangerous places.

David

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

View attachment 58614This is the mother's van...suv...whatever. Folks bought flowers and plastered the vehicle with them. Reports are the vehicle was still there three hours ago with even more flowers.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

β€œWhen they said on the news that she took him out to McDonald's to celebrate he'd be starting preschool. It just really tugs at my heart strings.”