• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member with '66 3000

Curt Johnson

Freshman Member
I had a '54 100-4 and a '65 3000 many years ago and loved them, but cars come & go. Of course eventually I wished I had kept at least one of them. Then I recently found a '66 3000 in a garage nearby in S. CA that was last registered in 1992. It was pretty sad with rats eating the interior, bad gas left in it, etc. etc. but it has ZERO rust and original paint, so knowing from my previous Healeys how rust prone they are, I knew I had to have it and keep it. I have installed a new fuel tank, rebuilt the fuel pump, cleaned the carbs, gone all through the brake system and hydraulic clutch system, rebuilt generator and installed new water pump, and low and behold it runs pretty well. Still needs work on power brake unit, new top, some interior work, new tires. Hope to get it on the road pretty soon!
Also, I'm pretty lucky to have a Moss Motors store only an hour's drive away.
Other cars:
Several original Model A Fords including a '29 woody.
'37 LaSalle
'46 Dodge pickup
'50 Olds 88 convertible

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome Curt! Glad to see you broke the code on posting! Sounds like a great find you have there! I'm a little jealous about your proximity to Moss Motors!

Hope you will be around for a long time and enjoy being part of our community!

Basil